Thread: Rim spacers

Users Country Flag

Rim spacers

Hi all,

I have the rosario rims that come standard on the R line Arteon who is running rims spacers & what size?
    If you have some pics that would be great too please.

It's briefly come up in other threads, because they are illegal I haven't heard anyone give it a try yet.

Users Country Flag
    Illegal in every state unless equipped from the factory. Buy some wheels with offset to suit
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Ok cool, I have been looking at new rims to replace the rosaria's

Users Country Flag
    Just make sure that you consider offset when looking at potential wheels. Manufacturers like Koya make their wheels to order, and they can supply a large range of offsets. If you're looking at second hand, then offset (and spoke design, and PCD/CB/etc) are just things you need to consider.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Hi all,

I have the rosario rims that come standard on the R line Arteon who is running rims spacers & what size?
    If you have some pics that would be great too please.
    As mentioned, yes wheel spacers are illegal in Australia, although in saying that - they are perfectly safe if you purchase good quality hub centric ones made for your make and model.

Avoid any of the garbage "universal fitment" stuff off ebay. Burger Motorsports make spacers for the Golf, Tiguan & Passat, so no doubt these will likely fit the Arteon as well - just check your centre bore and stud pattern. Otherwise, look at Mode Auto Concepts who sell a large range of high quality spacers.

Ive been running good quality spacers on my SQ5 for about 3 years now with no issues. Ive also had them on a previous car for several years with no issues. The key is buying good quality ones which will cost you around $100-150 per wheel and come with new (longer) bolts to account for the spacer width.

Burger Motorsports Hub-Centric Spacers (Pair) – Audi, VW & Skoda – AutoInstruct

Passat | MODE Auto Concepts
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 14-07-2022 at 11:16 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Be aware that depending on how thick spacers are, you may wish (for usage not on public roads only, of course) to use longer wheel bolts, as they don't work well if there's not enough contact between the threads in the bolts and the hubs...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    Be aware that depending on how thick spacers are, you may wish (for usage not on public roads only, of course) to use longer wheel bolts, as they don't work well if there's not enough contact between the threads in the bolts and the hubs...
    Yes definitely use new longer bolts. All the good quality kits come with longer bolts to account for the spacer width.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

I stumbled across this website on Saturday, a friend of mine wants to do this to his GR Supra, so I thought I'd see what it might look like for my Arteon so here is one already done. Looks much beefier, a way better stance in my opinion but as illegal I'll be giving this a miss. Hope this helps.

MODE PlusTrack Wheel Spacer Flush Fit Kit for VW Arteon & Passat CC | MODE Auto Concepts

Rim spacers-mode-auto-concepts-australia-plustrack-wheel-spacer-flush-fit-kit-suit-vw-arteon-passat-cc-1_760-jpg

Shane
    Last edited by SHANEO79; 18-07-2022 at 11:47 AM.