Thread: R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options

Users Country Flag

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options

It seems the R600 intake only uses one side of the grille for direct intake (same as stock). There's a piece of soft plastic/rubber blocking the vent on the passenger side.

Driver side with "scoop":

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-20220518_185220-jpg

Passenger without "scoop" (plastic/rubber barrier hanging down a bit):

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-20220518_185311-jpg

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the plastic/rubber and add a 2nd vent/scoop? Not sure what else is under there, so might not be possible.

FWIW - I know it probably won't make any significant difference at the current performance levels (stage 1). I just want to know if it's possible for optimizing air flow later down the track.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Sure, I don't see why not. I did this on my work Amarok. Wouldn't advise it on an Amarok that goes off road regularly but this was a work ute. I know you are not asking re Amaroks though. Just take to it with a dremel and it will disappear like butter. Gains would be un-noticeable on the butt-dyno though I believe.

Users Country Flag
    The Superb also has one side of the intake blocked off behind the grille.
    I removed the bumper grille and drilled out some holes.
    The extra breathing holes won't make a huge difference, but it is surely better that having one side of ur nose blocked!!

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224505~2-jpg

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224518~2-jpg

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224441~2-png
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Awesome - thanks!

I'll plan to open up the other side the next time it comes out - probably when I re-route the coolant hose.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    The Superb also has one side of the intake blocked off behind the grille.
    I removed the bumper grille and drilled out some holes.
    The extra breathing holes won't make a huge difference, but it is surely better that having one side of ur nose blocked!!

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224505~2-jpg

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224518~2-jpg

R600 Intake - dual scoop/vent options-screenshot_20220524-224441~2-png
    You could easily open that right up to the outer ring like the already open one. I don't think those drilled holes would really be much at all. Just cut it right open the same as the other one.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinogzav View Post
    You could easily open that right up to the outer ring like the already open one. I don't think those drilled holes would really be much at all. Just cut it right open the same as the other one.
    indeed - that's the plan the next time i remove the front bumper, which the grille is a part of.
    at the time, i didn't have the right dremel tools.

the holes do make a difference given there was no airflow on that side at all as that plastic trim is hard up against the back of the grille. the top half of the grille is blocked across the top - so the only way in from the bottom half and up through there into the air duct.

obviously opening right up, like it is on the left side, will make a bigger difference.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag

i like the idea of holes over the straight up cutting the whole section off.. was thinking of doing the exact same way... will help deflect some water away from that area if it cops some