Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions from a new Arteon owner

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gableguy View Post
    Thanks for the replies folks! Much appreciated! Gonna get an APR stage 1 tune next week. Performance is already pretty good but if it speeds up the throttle response & reduces lag a bit, that'll be worth the $1k it costs.

Couple more questions:

- How do you engage launch control? In my old Passat you simply put it the transmission in S and turned off ESC. Seems significantly harder to do in this one. (Not something I use often but I was keen to try it when showing off the car to a mate recently...)

- Can you program each of the two keys to specific driver profiles? My Passat moved the seat position to either #1 or #2 depending on which key you used. This seems to just default to whichever profile was last used, regardless of key.

- Does anyone else find the Dynaudio system ridiculously bass heavy? And a bit lacking in clarity? I've cranked the treble to max and put both sub & bass on about -5... could be my ears have been destroyed by 20 years as a professional musician, or it could be my tweeters and/or crossovers need replacing...

- How hard is it to remove door trim? Keen to eliminate a bunch of rattles in the doors. Dash seems fine but the doors rattle like mad, particularly with any bass-y tracks. Some cars are relatively simple to do this stuff; others are a nightmare. Anyone done that with a 2018 Arteon?

Thanks again all!
    Hey gableguy,

- For launch control, you first need to go into Sport mode, then 'long press' the ESC 'OFF' button that you should have next to the shifter, and you will see ESC Sport mode message come up on the virtual cockpit dash. Then from your start position - apply the brake with your left foot, and then after that (simultaneously) put down the throttle with the right foot... then let go of the brake to launch!

- Keys can can be assigned to each user profile, and it recalls a heap of driver settings including seat, mirrors, a/c and more. You can also select any user profile while using either key to activate that profile manually. Spend time on this one in the manual on the set-up to get it of it all done right; it's worth it!

- The Dynaudio system is quite bass heavy, and rattles a bit on culprit tracks, even at low levels. I found the right balance for me using only L1 or L2 subwoofer (whatever the scale is - I'm basing on 0-10 here), L2 or L3 Bass, and then L5-L6 mid and L8-L9 treble. I have also found that switching on Dolby Pro-Logic made a big difference to clarity in the audio, for mine.

- Can't help you on trim, but as above, there's definitely some noise in there with some bottom end tunes on, so let us know if you find anything obvious if you end up breaking in!

Cheers,
    Matt.

Users Country Flag
    I believe that models 2018 and up don't have a ESC button so you'll have to go through the head unit to change to either off or Sports
    Arteon 2018 ,white , Sound and Style Package , Sunroof, APR Stage 1,Turbo Inlet ,K&N

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dubrav View Post
    I believe that models 2018 and up don't have a ESC button so you'll have to go through the head unit to change to either off or Sports
    Ahhh yes, this is true - depending on whether you have an earlier build MY18, or an MY18.5, you may or may not have the button in your car. Mine is from the first [MY18] release, so I've got it in mine.

Thanks again folks! Really appreciate the responses.

Found Launch Control. No ESC button so I guess mine is from post Aug 18, but it's not too hard to find in the settings. Haven't used it yet - seems cruel to the drivetrain - but I now know where it is if I pull up at the lights next to some tosser in an STI or EVO...

Also sorted the stereo. The rear speakers appeared to not be working, or only barely working... ut then switched Dolby Pro-Logic OFF and hey presto they work again. A bit of tweaking and it sounds vastly better without Dolby engaged. Dolby does increase the treble a smidge, but I hate what it does to the low end and the rear speakers! Useful for watching movies on long trips (I guess), otherwise nah.

No luck as yet with programming the keys. I've created profiles for my partner and I, but she has to select hers each time with the steering wheel controls regardless of key. Not sure how to assign a profile to a key. I'll keep trying.

I went to get a Stage 1 APR tune; turns out it already has one - and the DSG tune too! I was both happy to save the cash, and bummed it didn't go faster... but yeah it's already pretty bloody quick.

Users Country Flag

Hi Shane, did adding all wheel drive to added traction make much difference? I thought they where already all wheel drive. Ok the 4 motion gives power to the rear wheels when traction is lost, I would prefer permanent awd

cheers Allan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12