Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oil consumption

Far as I know the only difference is that the professional grade has a UV dye in it.
    Other then that they are the exact oil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tyr382 View Post
    Far as I know the only difference is that the professional grade has a UV dye in it.
    Other then that they are the exact oil

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Bloody expensive dye then

Here are the data sheets

https://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon....1OGm575WlS.pdf

https://msdspds.castrol.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/Files/3C656FE38F0679EC802584330026C2B6/$File/BPXE-BDXC8M.pdf
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Just hit 40,000 kms and my Arteon just gave me a warning alert regarding the engine oil level.

Looks like the beast can't make it to the next major service, yet again, without a top up.

Got myself the Castrol Edge 5W-30LL via Click & Collect at Super Cheap Auto.

Coolant still fine at this point. It's dropped since the last major service, but no warning alert like back in February.

Brake pads yet to offer any trouble despite being told at 30,000 kms they won't make it to the 45,000 km service.

Interestingly, the sunroof rattles have all disappeared.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 30-08-2020 at 06:37 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Long time ago I’ve compared the VW504/507 oils, just wanted to be using the oil that doesn’t burn off that easily and I was relieved that the oil which I’ve been already using had very high flash point
    http://www4.total.fr/asia-oceania/au...2017_23446.pdf

Vw504.00/507 oils compared

No wander our cars hardly ever need the top ups between oil changes.
    Last edited by Transporter; 31-08-2020 at 07:17 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Transporter View Post
    Long time ago I’ve compared the VW504/507 oils, just wanted to be using the oil that doesn’t burn off that easily and I was relieved that the oil which I’ve been already using had very high flash point
    http://www4.total.fr/asia-oceania/au...2017_23446.pdf

Vw504.00/507 oils compared

No wonder our cars hardly ever need the top ups between oil changes.
    Where do you source the Total Quartz Ineo oil from Miro? It doesn't look like an oil that is easy to buy in Australia. Do you buy it in bulk for your business?

This is why I use the Penrite Enviro+ in my cars. Aussie company, good oils, correct approval for VW504/507 and easy to get at Supercheap/Repco etc and regularly on sale so its normally works out around $13-14 per L when on special. No doubt there are better quality oils around (Liqui-Moly/Motul etc) but they are so damn expensive and hard to find for the average person.

I do 6 month oil changes on my cars anyway (and probably only drive 5,000-7,000km in those 6 months) so the oil is always pretty fresh.

Looking at your oil comparison table, the Penrite has a pretty high flashpoint also (not quite as high as the Total oil, but better than most of the others).
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 01-09-2020 at 10:07 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Where do you source the Total Quartz Ineo oil from Miro? It doesn't look like an oil that is easy to buy in Australia. Do you buy it in bulk for your business?

This is why I use the Penrite Enviro+ in my cars. Aussie company, good oils, correct approval for VW504/507 and easy to get at Supercheap/Repco etc and regularly on sale so its normally works out around $13-14 per L when on special. No doubt there are better quality oils around (Liqui-Moly/Motul etc) but they are so damn expensive and hard to find for the average person.

I do 6 month oil changes on my cars anyway (and probably only drive 5,000-7,000km in those 6 months) so the oil is always pretty fresh.

Looking at your oil comparison table, the Penrite has a pretty high flashpoint also (not quite as high as the Total oil, but better than most of the others).
    Yes, I buy in balk, but you should be able to get it from Autobarn.

The Mobil1 ESP is probably the best in these engines that burn oil. Other option would be to use the LiquiMoly VISCO STABIL at the rate of 0.5L in 5L of oil.

Users Country Flag

Had the Arteon serviced as per schedule at 45,000kms and now at 52,000kms the check engine oil level alert has popped up. Since ownership it has required a top up of engine oil roughly every 7,000kms. Just given it a litre of the Castrol 5W30-LL, so should keep going for a while.

Engine coolant remains stable at the medium mark. Front brake pads replaced at 42,000kms.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123