Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lunched a gearbox in the Arteon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F6310 View Post
    So there is a recall for the earlier arteon gearboxes and due to a software issue that they are clearly playing down.

VW are going to replace it due to this.

Might be worth getting whatever the patch is for the people with the early model cars.

Check their website with your vin, the update came out a couple of months ago due to this issue
    Thanks for the heads up, I just booked a service for the gearbox control unit update

Cars just come back today. Took it for a drive myself and it feels so much better than it ever did before.

It was never as smooth as it is now. whatever change is in that software should have been done long ago

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by F6310 View Post
    Cars just come back today. Took it for a drive myself and it feels so much better than it ever did before.

It was never as smooth as it is now. whatever change is in that software should have been done long ago
    Good to hear =)

I'm guessing that this would wipe/override a DSG tune? Or are they different control units (or settings)?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Good to hear =)

I'm guessing that this would wipe/override a DSG tune? Or are they different control units (or settings)?
    Interested in the same... I've booked for the VW service campaign update, and have a booking at my tuner workshop the next day for dustless pads, and if needed, a refresh of the TCU software. Hoping the two work well together.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Had my 4 year service yesterday with the DSG fluid changed. I went to a reputable independent as I was very unimpressed with the VW dealer not carrying out all the required items for the 3 year service.

Turns out my DSG fluid was 1.2 litres under filled from the factory. Apparently under filling isn't that uncommon for some reason. Pretty scary as it could lead to early failures. Don't wait too long for that DSG service everyone!

Users Country Flag
    Hi Vedi, can you share where you went and how much was the service? My car just hit 60k and i need to do it asap
    Arteon 2018 ,white , Sound and Style Package , Sunroof, APR Stage 1,Turbo Inlet ,K&N

No worries, sent a PM with a bunch of details.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234