Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunched a gearbox in the Arteon

out of warranty. Hasn’t gone to vw yet.

will tell him to and see what happens.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by F6310 View Post
    out of warranty. Hasn’t gone to vw yet.

will tell him to and see what happens.
    Whoa - hopefully they come to the party and replace it under good will.

Ask him if he ever remembers a loud bang or unexplained sudden loud noise coming from under the car. The reason I mention this is because VW asked me if I heard a loud bang. In the moment they asked me I couldn't remember but then afterwards thinking back - I did.

This one night I was driving home doing about 100kph on the highway and there was a really loud sudden but short noise. More or less a "bang" under the car. I thought it was a huge pot hole I hit (because that's what it sounded like) but the car didn't jolt or anything and I remember being a bit confused because as far as I could tell the road was smooth.

That would of happened a few weeks before my car had to be towed to the dealership. Hence why I never put two and two together until way later when I was thinking about it.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Whoa. So is VW covering the repair or is the car still under warranty?
    Be aware that VW's claims of a 3 year warranty do not necessarily meet the ACCCs concept of your rights under Australian consumer law.

VW fixing things that are their responsibility under law has nothing to do with "good will".
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    consumer goods act.

anything that costs reasonable amount of money or is marketed / sold as top of line needs to meet certain quality criterias. with or with out warranty periods (think its up to 10 years)... gear boxes just ****ting themselves and just falling out of a warranty period is disgraceful if they want to charge you for a new one.

threaten them with this, if no remedy (which can very well be with VW knowing from my own experiences) you take em to small claims tribunal or threaten them with ACCC action they will most likely come to the party.

If not.. Just got thru ACCC and potentially small claims tribunal and you will win. little bit of writing emails and providing info but better than buying a new one yourself for 15 - 20k as you quoted.

I am actually preparing a claim for my driver seat which deformed and warped when using the stock seat heater after 30.000km and was straight up dismissed and ignored a few times by the service department/ shop as WEAR AND TEAR and also suspension strut mounts which were squeaking after 15,000 like a caravan.. not bad for flag ship cars that cost $60k+

This will all be done after I nail finance for constantly providing misleading documents, old payment statements (trying to extort more money), failure to communicate or respond properly to concerns, and giving bogus offers and renegging on them saying they were bogus and if i am an idiot.

Just hit VW where it hurts and they will fix it for you.

I think its about time everyone just took a stand and ****ed these scumbags up properly and maybe they would change how they treat CUSTOMERS who make them all their money..

They talk like they are giving these cars away for free and we should just be grateful

Users Country Flag
    I totally agree on taking a stand. And the "test" is not even that complex.

The ACCC will apply a "reasonable person" test. That is, if a reasonable person would expect that the item would not fail after that period of time, then the seller/manufacturer are obligated to fix it under warranty.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    I totally agree on taking a stand. And the "test" is not even that complex.

The ACCC will apply a "reasonable person" test. That is, if a reasonable person would expect that the item would not fail after that period of time, then the seller/manufacturer are obligated to fix it under warranty.
    if more people stood up to these SS style tactics... and was made public... I would guarantee you they would start putting out better quality products without the 50 defective parts known all around the world and use better quality materials instead of cutting corners left right and centre to save money and then BLAME THEIR CUSTOMERS.

**** em, Hope you you get a new gearbox plus some.

VW is quite literally the worst company to deal with from sales, post sales, warranty and finance I hope VW AUSTRALIA gets nailed hard.

Even finance ombudsman told me the same the other , he would imagine the manager general or whoever is the highest rank would be squirming if he heard how they were treating myself in particular and 100s - 1000s of customers the same.

quite literally.

I Have only had problems since i bought the car,, from misleading sickness policies (was actually 3 years not 5 as stated pre purchase).. lost a pay out due to back injury from the faulty seat... literally lapsed 6 months after i made my claim.

faulty parts, strut mounts, seat degradation, peeling chrome interior (literally sliced my hand open and bled all over my suit before a meeting), faulty interior LED lights, neglect at the workshop (received my car back with scratches all over my pristine air box like they just threw it on the ground on purpose), faulty waterpump / thermostat (had to be replaced 4 - 5 times now in my time owning the car) and I haven't even gotten to the finance department yet.

I even had to have my door replaced once from a small tbone accident... and it was replaced with a door with metal parts in it that i literally had to open up and try and fish out with a magnet... managed to get 1 peice out but clearly theres another one...

Was either replaced with a faulty door or simply the inside of the door has had peices come loose and roll around in there.

It literally is a ****ing nightmare and i would not recommend a VW product to anyone unless you are capable of working on the car yourself and saving the money ( like i have been doing ).

What a nightmare company
    Last edited by amunra; 19-08-2022 at 11:00 AM.

So there is a recall for the earlier arteon gearboxes and due to a software issue that they are clearly playing down.

VW are going to replace it due to this.

Might be worth getting whatever the patch is for the people with the early model cars.

Check their website with your vin, the update came out a couple of months ago due to this issue

Users Country Flag
    So there is a recall for the earlier arteon gearboxes and due to a software issue that they are clearly playing down.

VW are going to replace it due to this.

Might be worth getting whatever the patch is for the people with the early model cars.

Check their website with your vin, the update came out a couple of months ago due to this issue
    They will play everything down unless you have some proof of the recall and threaten with ombudsman.. if they dont come to the party just call ombudsman and ull have ur gearbox replaced asap.

Glad ur getting ur problem fixed.

It’s on their website and any of the global ones too.

Doesn’t seem like they are trying to get out of it.

Once they post up a notice like that your covered as they don’t put a time limit on these things.

Here’s the Australian link

Service Campaigns and Recalls | Volkswagen Australia

Users Country Flag

It’s on their website and any of the global ones too.

Doesn’t seem like they are trying to get out of it.

Once they post up a notice like that your covered as they don’t put a time limit on these things.

Here’s the Australian link

Service Campaigns and Recalls | Volkswagen Australia
    From my experiences and even other people i know that've had VW recalll issues.. theyll try and weasel out of anything unless you nail them.. like literally they will shift blame to onto anyone and anything except themself and try and extract any money if they can.

So incase they do.. you make 1 call to ombudsman with that document and ull be fine.

Its really just a message to anyone on this forum whos had issues with them not to roll over and take it up the arse like they would like u to

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast