Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lowering Springs

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Update all, love it, was worried after ordering had I made the right decision, would it look better, am I wasting my time!
    Looks so much better, VW should of set it this height at factory, it sits like the Audi now. Ride has not changed at all, DCC still works perfectly.
    If you are wondering like me if you should do it yourself, please don’t, go for it!
    Can you post some pics of how it sits now?, also have you had some hard scrub outs on the front bumper? some driveways ive been up scrub so im a little hesitant to lower further.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen View Post
    Update all, love it, was worried after ordering had I made the right decision, would it look better, am I wasting my time!
    Looks so much better, VW should of set it this height at factory, it sits like the Audi now. Ride has not changed at all, DCC still works perfectly.
    If you are wondering like me if you should do it yourself, please don’t, go for it!
    Thank you for a great post and the feedback!

Please can you let me know if you have carried out the DCC calibration using OBDeleven? On some forums people are saying this makes a real difference?

I have just ordered H&R Lowering Springs and also VAGSport 12mm front spacers and 15mm rear spacers.

Would appreciate your advice.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteon280 View Post
    Please can you let me know if you have carried out the DCC calibration using OBDeleven? On some forums people are saying this makes a real difference?
    i've recently done (last week) the DCC re-calibration on my Superb and its made a nice difference.
    my Superb is lowered 25mm on Eibach ProKit springs.
    i've had the car lowered for more than a year now. wish i'd done this much much earlier.

The car is less crashy. Previously with the lowered springs, the DCC shocks were not ideally matched, and hence it would crash/bottom-out on speed humps or dips, especially in Normal or Comfort modes.

After re-calibrating, the DCC shocks r better behaved with the shorter springs.

I don't have to put the car in Sport setting for Suspension, anymore.

Really happy with it. i highly recommend to perform the DCC re-calibration.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    I've gone ahead and ordered a set of Eibach Pro Kit Springs: E10-85-044-03-22

Looking into replacing/upgrading/lubricating some other minor parts during installation. Probably things like strut mounts + bearings. Any recommendations?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

I have H&R springs in mine, everything works as it should looks great although I would have liked it a little lower. If you have 3k to 4k get yourself a set of coil overs.

Lowering Springs-321748410_2486937558138024_8624241703330113917_n-jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123