Thread: How To: Accessories ON, Lights OFF

Users Country Flag

Lightbulb How To: Accessories ON, Lights OFF

Gents,

Does anyone know how to have the accessories like the radio turned ON, but the headlights turned OFF?

Want to take the kids to the local drive in movies, but this cars headlights just aren't conducive of a pleasant time being turned on permanently.

I don't care if it's an ODBC II mod or what, I'll mod if I have to.
    I just can't seem to work out how to have the headlights/parklights off, but the radio on. So frustrating.
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    There is a mod for VW that you can have DRL on with ign only as in when it starts up so probably off with ACC on.

Cant find it at the moment but you would need either a VCDS ($450) or an OBDEleven ($199)to make the change
    Ive got one but live 90 mins away
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    u mean DRLs off?

headlights can b turned off oblviously by putting it in the off position.

i'm sure there is an option to have DRLs switched off while the ACC or Ignition is on.
    with the Superb, we have the option to activate this via OBD/VCDS, so its available in the infotainment menu.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    u mean DRLs off?

headlights can b turned off oblviously by putting it in the off position.

i'm sure there is an option to have DRLs switched off while the ACC or Ignition is on.
    with the Superb, we have the option to activate this via OBD/VCDS, so its available in the infotainment menu.
    Usually these things become available in the Menus AFTER you have coded them. Like lane change vibration strength and stuff. Not there till you enable it with coding At least thats how it worked in the Tig

Heres what available for a Golf Mk7 so should work

DRL Only in Auto Mode
    DRLs only operate when headlight switch is in ‘Auto’ mode.

DRL Control on Car Menu
    Enables a setting on your headunit which allows you to completely disable the Daytime Running Lights.As it is an ADR requirement that if fitted they work as intended it is illegal to disable them when driving on a public road I would suggest the first method is the safest and would meet your requirements
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 24-01-2020 at 04:47 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Usually these things become available in the Menus AFTER you have coded them. Like lane change vibration strength and stuff. Not there till you enable it with coding At least thats how it worked in the Tig

Heres what available for a Golf Mk7 so should work

DRL Only in Auto Mode
    DRLs only operate when headlight switch is in ‘Auto’ mode.

DRL Control on Car Menu
    Enables a setting on your headunit which allows you to completely disable the Daytime Running Lights.As it is an ADR requirement that if fitted they work as intended it is illegal to disable them when driving on a public road I would suggest the first method is the safest and would meet your requirements
    THIS! THIS is exactly what I would like. I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!

Also, Thanks to Dreamension for pinging me offline to suggest I read the manual. Ain't no one got time to memorise that thing!?!?! Freak.

haha it's ok, he was there the day I got married and yes, he did tell me not to do it. Next time I'll listen!
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAskani View Post
    I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!
    as @Hillbilly said - u'll first need to enable this via VCDS/OBDEleven, then u'll have access to it in ur infotainment menu.
    these r the instructions i used, if ur interested...

How To: Accessories ON, Lights OFF-vcds-enable-drl-menu-jpg
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAskani View Post
    THIS! THIS is exactly what I would like. I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!

Also, Thanks to Dreamension for pinging me offline to suggest I read the manual. Ain't no one got time to memorise that thing!?!?! Freak.

haha it's ok, he was there the day I got married and yes, he did tell me not to do it. Next time I'll listen!
    PM sent...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    Can you not just turn off auto lights ?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Can you not just turn off auto lights ?
    No. DRL's come on with ign turn accessories on and DRL lights come on as well

In fairness to you he said he wants HEADLIGHTS off with ign on So yes turn them off.

If he means Daylight Running lights the above posts apply

Wish people would post more clearly and get definitions correct so repliers dont have to guess
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 29-01-2020 at 07:39 AM.