Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fault - ACC Not Available error message displayed

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Seoska View Post
    This happened to me 3 times in the space of a month when I first got my Arteon. All 3 times were in similar circumstances, where I was driving slowly up hill or a car park ramp. Reported it to dealer, they performed a dsg update and I have not had a issue since (over 7 months).
    Thanks for the input....my first time was on a flat road, second was going up a slight hill. I'll give my dealer a call to note the system for the next service. Since I posted this it hasn't happened again...but I'm sure it will

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Does it feel like your accelerating then all of a sudden the car sorta feels like the gearbox disengages? Its happened twice to me. After a couple of seconds you put your foot down and off the car goes. Didn't see any error messages anywhere though?
    Yep, exactly. When it first occurred I thought that I had hit something or something had hit me. Everything chugged and stalled. Then exactly, plant your foot and off you go like it was nothing. So odd. The ACC Not Available comes up (for me) right in the middle of the instrument cluster and is only briefly displayed for a second, two seconds max.
    Last edited by SHANEO79; 17-01-2020 at 07:09 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    Hey Shane, yep mine Has done the same three times too. Am working with the dealer to bottom it out. So far it’s had the gearbox software updated but it’s happened again once since then. I’m meeting with their diagnostic guru next week to discuss the plan of attack.
    I haven't had chance to catch up with the diagnostic guy yet. I get on well with the service team (My son has even done work experience there) so they are keen to dig into it and see what they can find but I just haven't had the time to call in. Will update when I do get in there.

Reading everyone's posts, the faults all seem identical and unfortunately don't record anything in the fault logs so I suggest recording all the details and report it each time so if it degrades over time, there is a history (especially important as you get close to the end of the warranty period)

Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    I haven't had chance to catch up with the diagnostic guy yet. I get on well with the service team (My son has even done work experience there) so they are keen to dig into it and see what they can find but I just haven't had the time to call in. Will update when I do get in there.

Reading everyone's posts, the faults all seem identical and unfortunately don't record anything in the fault logs so I suggest recording all the details and report it each time so if it degrades over time, there is a history (especially important as you get close to the end of the warranty period)
    Hi JVM, thanks for the update.

I'm off to my local dealer Monday week so at least I can get this recorded and noted on file for the future as a solution might be a little while away.

I'll keep you posted.

Shane

So I dropped my Arteon off this morning at my local Brisbane dealer.

Just as a lot of you guys have said they've run diagnostics, pulled the log out of the car and nothing was picked up at all for both events so exactly what you have said. VW have stated that the car disengaged because of a possible reflection from a mirror or another car interfering with the radar sensor or something happening when going through a tunnel. I wasn't going through a tunnel and told them I disagree with their response.

I was kindly advised to install a dashcam and try and capture any future occurrence of this fault on it or "it would be great if you could record it with your phone but that's illegal and you could get done by the cops but it would really help us out but be careful".

They then told me they did a full software update, no idea what to or from or what it has updated but driving her home tonight the car feels way more responsive in the gears, not sure if it's my mind playing tricks but it feels very tight and responsive.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep you all posted and I'll let you know what else happens moving on from this.

Thanks guys.

Shane

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, just a quick update. I hadn't taken the Arteon in because it hadn't had anymore issues since November and because I'm a lazyarse! .
    Buts its happened twice in the last two weeks so I it went back in again today. Not surprisingly, they didn't find anything and haven't really got any ideas for what to do next. Like Shane, they said the best thing would be to film it happening but at least they followed that up with accepting its not possible to do this with a phone.

Shane, what dealer have you taken yours to? Mine goes to Westpoint Autos in Tarringa.

Here's some things that I've noticed that are common to all 5 occurrences:
    Only happens when pulling away from a stand. I'm not sure, but it might be when changing from 1st to 2nd
    All 5 times have been when driving up hill.
    3 of the 5 times, the ambient temperature has been 24 or 25 degrees. 1 time it was 21.5degrees. I didn't notice the temp on the first occasion but it would have been similar
    In the days leading up to last weeks issue, I noticed the gear changes from 1st to 2nd were getting a little 'clunky'. To be honest its barley perceivable and unless you drove the car regularly, you probably wouldn't notice it but it definitely happened. I also recall this happened before the issues late last year too. In fact, I'd already mentioned this to VW. If I had to guess, I'd say there's a misalignment issue that worsened until it pops out of gear and in doing this, it kind of resets itself for a while. Mechatronics??

I'm going to see if I can set up my Gopro and record the dash during all drives until it happens again. It'll be a pain to do but might be the only way to get anything tangible recorded

Cheers,
    Keith

Hi Keith

I'm on the northside so I took it to Austral VW at Newstead, not sure where I'll take it for the next service as wasn't thrilled with the experience there but we'll see.

As for your observations, like me, it happens moving off from stationary, slight inclines but I can't comment about the temp though.

The process of needing to buy a camera and record this seems way too hard for my liking and honestly it happens so intermittently that I'm just going to leave it until it becomes a much more frequent problem. So far nothing has happened since February when I took it in to look at but as we all know it will happen again.

Let us know if you end up capturing this on camera and if this gets sorted at your end.

Shane

Users Country Flag
    Had this happening to my car early on, after a DSG update it was good for a few months. The issue has now returned and happens at least once a month. Have had some scary moments when turning at intersections with oncoming traffic. Has anyone found a permanent fix/resolution?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SHANEO79 View Post
    I'm still 10k away from the 30k service so It'll be a while before I get the VW team to check this out.
    You don't need to wait for a service schedule to get a team to look at issues. I've brought my car to the dealer many times, no matter how small the issue.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12