Thread: Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade

Users Country Flag

Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade

The extra wide dead pedal was annoying me, so I replaced it with a Mk7 Golf one that matches the other pedals:
    Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_165949-jpg Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_164849-jpg

These are easily sourced on eBay for around $50 or so: Auto Car Foot Rest Pedal Footrest Pedal Fit For VW Golf MK7 RHD Only | eBay

The main reason behind the switch was comfort. I really miss the hidden foot space on the B6 Passats, that allows you to stretch your leg out and straight your knees on a long trip (or while stuck in traffic).

On the left is the hidden foot space on an R36, which has been closed off on the Arteon on the right:
    Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_164539-jpg Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_164756-jpg

I did consider dremelling it out, but not sure what wires etc I could accidentally cut through (you can also see the outline of the old dead pedal in the photo). It's much better now and if I take my shoe off, I can just straight out my dodgy ice-hockey/skateboarding knees =D
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Here are a few more photos from the install. To remove, you undo the torx screw on the side, and then the trick is to lift the pedal up to unslot it - slots are visible in the first photo below.

To reinstall the new pedal, the slots must be aligned correctly (very tricky) and then push the pedal in and down until the screw hole pops in - you may optionally want to let out a few swear words and bash it a little, that seems to help.

If installed properly, it'll be secure on the top and bottom and the screw will align.

Took me about half an hour, but should only be a 10 min job now that I know what to do.

Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_160559-jpg

Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_155017-jpg

Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_155645-jpg

Dead Pedal (Foot Rest) Upgrade-20220712_161855-jpg
    Last edited by nermal; 12-07-2022 at 07:39 PM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon