Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Crack in plastic sunroof surround

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by simm0 View Post
    Any luck mate? Had the issue just crop up on my 2014 Golf GTI.
    I have been haggling with VW for months now. They have offered 30% of parts coverage only, as they believe it has been caused by impact strike. Today I lodged formal complaint with NSW Fair Trading and NSW Civil & Administrative Tribunal.
    To say I'm peeved off is an understatement.
    Friends, could any of you help me out supporting my claim this is a known problem. Would you all be ok if I took screenshots of this thread? Anyone willing to email me about their repair/issues?
    I'm going to fight these bastards.
    Irrespective of the warranty status of the vehicle, the Acceptable Quality Consumer Guarantee (a piece of legislation) says that a product must meet the durability expectations of a reasonable consumer.

If it doesn’t you have to repair it or replace it for free. This is legislated. I smell a bit of The Castle going on here.

Good luck, let us know how you go.
    MY20 MK7.5 Golf GTI - Tornado Red - LP/S&SP
    MY19 AW Polo - Comfortline - DAP

Users Country Flag
    I had to take VW to the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal, where after negotiation they agreed to cover 50% of total cost and labour. Is getting replaced today.

Users Country Flag
    So I’ve had the repair done. After negotiating 50% coverage, in fact VW covered 3/4 of the cost according to my invoice. So quite happy with that. Still angry it took me 12 months and a tribunal hearing. And they are still saying it’s not a known issue.

I agree with you considering both brand new golf8 and arteon in at the same time as mine. I did have warranty and up to date servicing with VW maybe that helped me across the line. The conversation did start with them stating possible impact, but the split was so straight like a knife through butter, it wasn't like others posted.

It's not a great look and loses a lot of brand loyalty.

Looking at other common faults, it seems to be a problem with most AU brands refusing to acknowledge problems even when there have been recalls in other markets.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234