Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crack in plastic sunroof surround

I think VAG head office is well aware of this one. dealer starts with the usual “that not a common” problem but VW will fix it.

if you have no luck, try the vw dealer service dept at parramatta. When i had mine in, there was another arteon and golf in for the same thing. at least they would be familiar with the issue.

Users Country Flag
    Did anyone else who’ve had the repair done, had to submit receipts and copies of services to the dealer for them to write the report for VW? I’m wondering if this is just my dealership being difficult in requesting these.

Users Country Flag
    Does the problem begin with a strange popping/tappy sound?

I've had some sunroof noises that were mostly solved with Krytox and custom replacement grommets... but there's a remaining noise in the cabin I can't seem to track down. It's the kind of sound you get when a seatbelt buckle taps against hard plastic when not in use - though I've ruled this out, along with noisy headrest, door/window/hatch rubbers.

I can imagine it possibly being the sunroof surround adhesive letting go or allowing some movement.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

I had mine done a couple of weeks ago. They only took photos of the crack and then roughly 4 days later got a call to book it in for the repair. They never spoke to me or did i have to provide any other paperwork. The service centre were really helpful, while it was hard for them not to say it was a common issue with a golf7.5 sitting beside mine and arteon just finished the repair waiting for pickup.

Users Country Flag
    Was yours still under warranty?

Yes it was. i know it makes a conversation easier but they know how much it is happening, you would hope they help.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by messy_smith View Post
    Yes it was. i know it makes a conversation easier but they know how much it is happening, you would hope they help.
    Which dealer did you take yours to? I’ve now had a goodwill claim submitted, so here’s hoping. However my dealer is still claiming it’s not a widespread issue.

Had mine with Denlo Parramatta service

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by OziBeerMan View Post
    I’ve now had a goodwill claim submitted, so here’s hoping.
    Any luck mate? Had the issue just crop up on my 2014 Golf GTI.

Users Country Flag

Hi Team,

I found a small crack on the same spot after seeing this post. I have a 2018 Arteon though and it is OOW already.
    Is VW still doing a recall on the sunroofs?

Cheers

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast