Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Checking Out MY22 Arteon

Bought a lapiz blue Arteon Shooting Brake yesterday. On the Hoegh Trigger due to land in Port Kembla in early June and I'll have it by July 4 at the latest.

Now to sell my 2017/18 hatch...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 7R View Post
    Bought a lapiz blue Arteon Shooting Brake yesterday. On the Hoegh Trigger due to land in Port Kembla in early June and I'll have it by July 4 at the latest.

Now to sell my 2017/18 hatch...
    I am VERY interested to see how you go with this, that's exactly the car I'd be after. Good to know the wait times are good - initial indications were that an order places mid-May would result in an August delivery. My current car is 3yo in September...
    Nothing to see here...

Manaz,

I got lucky here - I called the dealer re a demo they had on carsales (blue liftback) and they mentioned they had a lapiz wagon on water due to showroom on July 4.

It turned out to be the colour I wanted with a sunroof so I did the deal. $82.5k all up including some extras and fancy plates. I am happy with the deal given the numbers other dealers are talking about. And it is a 22 build.

They offered $38k trade for mine so I will throw it online and see if I can do better, otherwise I will hand it over in early July. I know there is one other lapiz wagon at a dealer somewhere as I visited the holding facility on Friday and someone there mentioned it had gone out on Thursday evening - but I do not know where.

Am thinking of getting the roof wrapped to match the sunroof much like the liftbacks have... otherwise not much else to do with it at this stage...
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Took delivery on Thursday last week.... very happy with it so far!
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

That's excellent, glad you are happy on team Arteon.

Good timing too, with some safety tech potentially disappearing for up to 6 months soon due to chip shortages:
    https://www.drive.com.au/news/vw-mod...t-safety-tech/
    Last edited by Vedi; 06-07-2022 at 07:48 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Does the MY22 have the touch capacitive buttons all over the place like the Mk8 Golf, or still physical buttons?
    Nothing to see here...

Touch capacitive.... I've only driven 80km since I took delivery but am already comfortable using the HVAC buttons (which you can use on screen too). The steering wheel buttons are also fine. Took about 20mins to get used to them.

Overall, compared to my 2017 Arteon I think its a decent step up. Just different enough to feel special but so much more of the stuff I loved about the last one. Hard to see a better value for money car on the market.

Going to get the mirrors wrapped in matt silver and probably the roof in gloss black...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12