Thread: Cat back / res delete reversal

Cat back / res delete reversal

My second hand 2018 Arteon just had its first service (since I bought it) and turns out the previous owner, in addition to giving it stage 1 APR, did the cat back / res delete mod. I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust note so wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what difference it makes performance-wise to put the resonator back in? If it's only a couple kW lost then think I might do it. If it's noticeably quicker without, though, I'll probably leave it as is.

Thoughts?

And anyone taking theirs out who wants to donate it rather than putting it into landfill??
    Current: MY2018.5 Arteon R-Line (white) - APR Stage 1, APR DSG tune, Sound & Style package, sunroof
    Past: MY2012 Passat V6 Highline Wagon (Icelandic Grey)

Users Country Flag
    There would be zero power gains/losses from the resonator. May as well have it refitted if you dont like the sound. The other alternative is to have a smaller resonator installed (aftermarket) which will deepen the exhaust note, but not make it as quiet as the factory one.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gableguy View Post
    My second hand 2018 Arteon just had its first service (since I bought it) and turns out the previous owner, in addition to giving it stage 1 APR, did the cat back / res delete mod. I'm not a huge fan of the exhaust note so wondering if anyone can tell me exactly what difference it makes performance-wise to put the resonator back in? If it's only a couple kW lost then think I might do it. If it's noticeably quicker without, though, I'll probably leave it as is.

Thoughts?

And anyone taking theirs out who wants to donate it rather than putting it into landfill??
    u reckon u can take some vids of this DE-RES ARTEON.. im curious to hear how it sounds so bad or different to de-res golf .

do some cold start revs and some drive bys or something