Thread: Bonnet protection option

Users Country Flag

Bonnet protection option

hi,

I had a nasty experience on previous car with small stone chips on the front bonnet lip, I was hoping to avoid this by picking up a bonnet protector for my new Arteon,

searching online doesnt show much in the way of options, has anyone found something suitable?

thanks,

Users Country Flag
    Hi
    Sorry not me either, was looking around also for something like that to address the inevitable stone chips, I'll keep you posted as to if I find anything, unfortunately I don't think it will become available either.
    Possible the way way forward is to get Paint Protection Film that is readily available in all countries. Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film | Stone Chip Protection | PPF
    even if it was just installed on the front lip it would help, a lot of cars have this type of thing installed on the rear arches as standard to minimise chips.

Users Country Flag
    My wife and I each had the dealer install paint protection film on the leading edges of our Passats bonnets prior to delivery. Even including the usual ‘dealer markup’, it was only something like $100. Well worth it, virtually invisible. I have a really nice gouge in mine from a big stone, but no paint damage definitely recommended.
    Cheers

I've got nearly $3k worth of Paint Protection Film (PPF) on my carItems were: Front bumper, Head Lights, Fog Lights, Full Bonnet, Full Front Guards, Door Cups, Door Handles (just the out facing surface), B & C pillars (Black), Side Skirts, Bottom of doors, Door Edges, Mirrors backs, Top of windscreen/roof, A pillars.

Bonnet protection option-1-jpg
    Skoda RS 230
    "The Grey Ghost"
    SG-TP-AB RS230 - Timeline

Users Country Flag

Sorry can recommend any solutions but can confirm its a really good idea to find something. I have done about 13,000k's, about half of which are country miles. Despite being super careful about who I follow (some people can't drive country roads without hitting the shoulders ) and how closely I follow, I have still managed to pick up chips on the front lip and leading edge of my bonnet.