Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audi Mod

Users Country Flag

Just some advise from those who have done the mod, generally I would expect there is something given in return for improved responsiveness. Is there any increase in fuel consumption or any other noticeable differences ?

Users Country Flag
    OBDEleven arrived this afternoon, so going to give this a try.

I haven't done any long coding before, but it doesn't sound too scary.

Users Country Flag
    Made the change today. Did a full backup and cleared faults first, took it for a test drive and all seems good so far.

The throttle response is improved, kind of like going from a wet Sheep-dog to a dry Labrador. Bigger difference in sports mode - much nicer.

Looking forward the the stage 1 tune - hopefully we can get the throttle response of a Greyhound out of the gate
    It still handles a bit like a washing machine, with the odd suspension rattle or creak. Looking into a stage 2 suspension upgrade too.

It also seems from that short drive the fuel economy has improved. Has anyone else noticed this? I'll do some more testing and report back.

Here's my coding from OBDEleven, it took me a minute to realize that it was little-endian binary (vs big-endian in the VCDS screens hot that I was working from).

(edit) Access this under: Arteon/control units/ engine/ long coding / byte 0, untick bit 0 and tick bit 1. The result should look like this:
    Audi Mod-screenshot_20220423-123217_obdeleven-jpg
    Last edited by nermal; 26-04-2022 at 10:28 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Made the change today. Did a full backup and cleared faults first, took it for a test drive and all seems good so far.

The throttle response is improved, kind of like going from a wet Sheep-dog to a dry Labrador. Bigger difference in sports mode - much nicer.

Looking forward the the stage 1 tune - hopefully we can get the throttle response of a Greyhound out of the gate
    It still handles a bit like a washing machine, with the odd suspension rattle or creak. Looking into a stage 2 suspension upgrade too.

It also seems from that short drive the fuel economy has improved. Has anyone else noticed this? I'll do some more testing and report back.

Here's my coding from OBDEleven, it took me a minute to realize that it was little-endian binary (vs big-endian in the VCDS screens hot that I was working from):
    Audi Mod-screenshot_20220423-123217_obdeleven-jpg
    Like in your other post about it you havent said WHICH MODULE you are doing it in. No good just posting a screenshot without the full information as to the path to get to that.

EG Arteon/control units/ engine/ long coding / byte 0 tick bits 1 and 3

In my iteration it actually has VW in bit 0 and AUDI in bit 3 on that screen
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 25-04-2022 at 03:27 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Like in your other post about it you havent said WHICH MODULE you are doing it in. No good just posting a screenshot without the full information as to the path to get to that.

EG Arteon/control units/ engine/ long coding / byte 0 tick bits 1 and 3

In my iteration it actually has VW in bit 0 and AUDI in bit 3 on that screen

Sorry, my bad. Will edit that once I'm back in front of a desktop (edit doesn't seem to work on my mobile browser, just wipes the whole post).

AFAIK - it's just the first 3 bits (0-2) that configure the engine manufacturer setting. Little-endian: 100 (decimal 1) is VW/Skoda and 010 (decimal 2) is Audi. Bit 3 would be part of the body type setting (bits 3-5) and the rest of the bits in the first byte are for market: set to Europe / rest of world (RoW).

Here's the VCDS screenshot I was working with. Just reverse the bits as it's big-endian. The hex stays the same (09: VW | Sedan | RoW, 0A: Audi | Sedan | RoW):
    Audi Mod-capture-01-png

So putting it all together, coding with manufacturer VW is 10010000 (decimal 9 or hex 09) and if you set the manufacturer to Audi, you get 01010000 (decimal 10 or hex 0A). Bits 3-7 remain unchanged: Sedan | RoW

I hope this makes sense?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Sorry, my bad. Will edit that once I'm back in front of a desktop (edit doesn't seem to work on my mobile browser, just wipes the whole post).

AFAIK - it's just the first 3 bits (0-2) that configure the engine manufacturer setting. Little-endian: 100 (decimal 1) is VW/Skoda and 010 (decimal 2) is Audi. Bit 3 would be part of the body type setting (bits 3-5) and the rest of the bits in the first byte are for market: set to Europe / rest of world (RoW).

Here's the VCDS screenshot I was working with. Just reverse the bits as it's big-endian. The hex stays the same (09: VW | Sedan | RoW, 0A: Audi | Sedan | RoW):
    Audi Mod-capture-01-png

So putting it all together, coding with manufacturer VW is 10010000 (decimal 9 or hex 09) and if you set the manufacturer to Audi, you get 01010000 (decimal 10 or hex 0A). Bits 3-7 remain unchanged: Sedan | RoW

I hope this makes sense?
    Woops my bad as well In mine VW is actually bit 0 and Audi bit 1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Audi Mod-screenshot_20220426-074357_obdeleven[1]-jpg  
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 26-04-2022 at 09:12 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12