Thread: Arteon - VW Dashcam Front and Rear

Arteon - VW Dashcam Front and Rear

Hey All

Just about to secure an Arteon Elegance and have been quoted on the VW Dashcam Front and Rear genuine part.

Has anyone got one of these fitted, whats it like?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhouse View Post
    Hey All

Just about to secure an Arteon Elegance and have been quoted on the VW Dashcam Front and Rear genuine part.

Has anyone got one of these fitted, whats it like?

Far better to wait for Autobarn to have their 25% off sale and buy a top model 750 Blackvue and get them to fit it.. Dealer will only send it out to get done and charge the earth A BV fitted at sale price would be about $800 absolute max may be less. Dealer will want $1000+ guaranteed

Found the VW camera Awful ugly thing it is This is what to buy BlackVue DR750X-2CH PLUS Dash Cam | BlackVue Australia
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 13-07-2022 at 07:00 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I have been very happy with my BlackVue camera in my current car, and will absolutely be getting another BlackVue for the Arteon if/when it happens.
    Nothing to see here...

Thanks to you both for your reply. I might look at that for my other car.

It looks quite nice to me - scroll down on this page to see it - VW Arteon Accessories | Volkswagen Australia

With the VW dashcam, I should be able to get the part fitted for free from the dealer so was pretty keen to hear if anyone else has one and what that looks like in the VW App on the phone.

If I do purchase it, I might report back here on my thoughts.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks to you both for your reply. I might look at that for my other car.

It looks quite nice to me - scroll down on this page to see it - VW Arteon Accessories | Volkswagen Australia

With the VW dashcam, I should be able to get the part fitted for free from the dealer so was pretty keen to hear if anyone else has one and what that looks like in the VW App on the phone.

If I do purchase it, I might report back here on my thoughts.
    Never mind getting free fitting Ask what resolution that thing has SFA use if it cant read numberplates and 720p is useless. Ive had BV cameras since 2011 and havent had a bad one except for the cheap one ealry on that was 720p and couldnt read plates 3m away Binned that and bought better quality of the same make

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Never mind getting free fitting Ask what resolution that thing has SFA use if it cant read numberplates and 720p is useless. Ive had BV cameras since 2011 and havent had a bad one except for the cheap one ealry on that was 720p and couldnt read plates 3m away Binned that and bought better quality of the same make
    I hear you!

Here is a link to the part number on Amazon UK. Full HD on the front and HD on the back.
    Volkswagen 000063511E Universal Traffic Recorder Full HD Dashcam Front and Rear System: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

You are pushing me away from it though. It will be my partners car and she doesn't seem to keen on a dashcam at all (spending more money). Might get the BV added to both our cars at a later date.

Like I said, wanted to see if someone else had it and could confirm if its OK or not worth it.

Users Country Flag
    I hear you!

Here is a link to the part number on Amazon UK. Full HD on the front and HD on the back.
    Volkswagen 000063511E Universal Traffic Recorder Full HD Dashcam Front and Rear System: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics & Photo

You are pushing me away from it though. It will be my partners car and she doesn't seem to keen on a dashcam at all (spending more money). Might get the BV added to both our cars at a later date.

Like I said, wanted to see if someone else had it and could confirm if its OK or not worth it.
    What do the 720p, 1080p, 1440p, 2K, 4K resolutions mean ...
    Please Wait... | Cloudflare › what-screen-resolution-...
    3 July 2019 — 720p = 1280 x 720 - is usually known as HD or "HD Ready" resolution; 1080p = 1920 x 1080 - is usually known as FHD or "Full HD" resolution ...

Up to you but rear will about as much use a n ashtray on a motorbike Had a woman tailgate me really close and my 720p was useless for reading the plate whereas this is a full HD BV and only the midrange one from about 5 years ago Second pic is my 750S about 3 years old but full HD My wife was reluctant as well but has realised the worth of having them with ther crazy drivers on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arteon - VW Dashcam Front and Rear-rearview-jpg   Arteon - VW Dashcam Front and Rear-750s-jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post

Up to you but rear will about as much use a n ashtray on a motorbike
    HAHA. nice

I have decided to leave it for now, thanks for your help.

Users Country Flag
    Do your research but I have BlackVue 900 two channel & they are great, my son got the newer model I think it is 900S two channel they are a little better but def recommend them.

As above, it's definitely a good idea to grab something that will have reliable and crisp video.

You don't have to spend a fortune. DashCamTalk are pretty full tilt about their reviews and recommendations, they even have sample video for each model.