Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    Matt, I'm pretty sure that you can't remove the "half-steps" from the speedo (i.e. the 10, 30, 50, 70km numbers) via your proposed method - it needs to be done via coding (whether via a one-touch coding arrangement in OBDeleven or Carista) or separate coding.

Nermal's picture shows the "half-steps" and the picture I posted does not.
    You're right - now I'm quite confused, as I was sure I had that there at some point. It's been over a year since I did all my set-ups, but I have the R version of the digital cockpit, with the bouncing dots in the background, without the half-steps, and coded only via apps in OBD11. Here's mine in the two modes mentioned. I thought when I switched to Consumption & Range it would add the half-steps. I guess it's possible I had that from one option and reverted or changed to this view in place:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-arteon-gear-speed-jpg

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-arteon-consumption-range-jpg

Might have to find my old 'wish list' that I saved somewhere of the things I was going to apply when I got my OBD11 delivered!

Cheers,
    Matt.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfloss View Post
    You're right - now I'm quite confused, as I was sure I had that there at some point. It's been over a year since I did all my set-ups, but I have the R version of the digital cockpit, with the bouncing dots in the background, without the half-steps, and coded only via apps in OBD11. Here's mine in the two modes mentioned. I thought when I switched to Consumption & Range it would add the half-steps. I guess it's possible I had that from one option and reverted or changed to this view in place:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-arteon-gear-speed-jpg

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-arteon-consumption-range-jpg

Might have to find my old 'wish list' that I saved somewhere of the things I was going to apply when I got my OBD11 delivered!

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Yeah, it's bloody hard to keep track of the intricacies of the different themes and options. I should have taken better notes myself!

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, it's bloody hard to keep track of the intricacies of the different themes and options. I should have taken better notes myself!
    Strange... it may possibly be the order that I applied the apps (if there's overlapping settings).. I set the R theme first and then the bouncy dots.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Strange... it may possibly be the order that I applied the apps (if there's overlapping settings).. I set the R theme first and then the bouncy dots.
    Interesting you say that, as I did it the other way around!... I just found the history from the app, and it was 'Virtual Cockpit Style' from Standard to Dotted first... and then 'Virtual Cockpit Theme' from GTI to R, second. Do you have spare credits to undo and reapply? You could also find the adaptation method for these as well, I suppose.

Users Country Flag
    Interesting you say that, as I did it the other way around!... I just found the history from the app, and it was 'Virtual Cockpit Style' from Standard to Dotted first... and then 'Virtual Cockpit Theme' from GTI to R, second. Do you have spare credits to undo and reapply? You could also find the adaptation method for these as well, I suppose.
    Cool, that's probably it then. I'm sure the half steps appeared after I applied the bouncy dots.

I'll try the adaptation route first... as it'll take a bunch of credits to reverse and re-apply. Also, OBDEleven aren't giving out bonus credits anymore.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I guess that could possibly be the case, but I can't comment specifically as Carista doesn't include the option for the 'bouncy dots' at all.

Amongst the different themes it offers two distinct 'R'-style themes, with and without the speed 'half-steps'. Is there only one option within OBDeleven for the R-style theme with the half-steps?

Users Country Flag
    I guess that could possibly be the case, but I can't comment specifically as Carista doesn't include the option for the 'bouncy dots' at all.

Amongst the different themes it offers two distinct 'R'-style themes, with and without the speed 'half-steps'. Is there only one option within OBDeleven for the R-style theme with the half-steps?
    In the app, these were the options I have... but I believe there is more in the adaptations:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-obd11-virtual-cockpit-theme-jpg

Users Country Flag
    In the app, these were the options I have... but I believe there is more in the adaptations:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-obd11-virtual-cockpit-theme-jpg
    Ah, I see. Carista lists eight 'themes' but doesn't name them properly.

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-carista-jpg

Users Country Flag
    While I'm in the thread... What's the thoughts on whether the 'Audi mod' and other attempts to improve or tweak vehicle performance via VCDS or OBD11 coding would, or could be negatively impacting on the proper tuning of the ECU and TCU?

I now have both APR Stage 1 ECU & APR TCU tuning, and I love the improvements, but I can't help by think they are not operating exactly as intended, if I have other adaptations enabled. I could try some kind of isolation testing by turning them all off and back on again, one at a time, with some driving in between... but maybe someone has already figured this thing out? (he says, with fingers crossed!).

Cheers
    Matt.

Users Country Flag

While I'm in the thread... What's the thoughts on whether the 'Audi mod' and other attempts to improve or tweak vehicle performance via VCDS or OBD11 coding would, or could be negatively impacting on the proper tuning of the ECU and TCU?

I now have both APR Stage 1 ECU & APR TCU tuning, and I love the improvements, but I can't help by think they are not operating exactly as intended, if I have other adaptations enabled. I could try some kind of isolation testing by turning them all off and back on again, one at a time, with some driving in between... but maybe someone has already figured this thing out? (he says, with fingers crossed!).

Cheers
    Matt.

I mentioned the Audi mod and Accelerator responsiveness mod when mine went in for a tune and it didn't seem to phase them at all. My guess would be that the tune overwrites any tune/parameters that these would reference anyway?

Though, I'd also like to hear from someone with more knowledge of the subject than I have.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast