Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Also like the Audi mod and 30 interior light colors (using blue atm).
    Just be aware that blue lighting inside the car is bad for your night vision. I get it though, blue's the colour I'd naturally go for in a VW. I've gone with red in my Stinger (current car), what would be really cool would be to tie the interior lighting colour to the driving mode of the vehicle (the Stinger uses a light blue for "Smart", green for "Eco", white for "Comfort", Red for "Sport" and Purple for "Custom" - I see the dash change briefly for those, but I'd love the entire interior lighting to echo it. I'd love to see that on the Arteon when I get it - I can dream, right? )
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    what would be really cool would be to tie the interior lighting colour to the driving mode of the vehicle (the Stinger uses a light blue for "Smart", green for "Eco", white for "Comfort", Red for "Sport" and Purple for "Custom" - I see the dash change briefly for those, but I'd love the entire interior lighting to echo it. I'd love to see that on the Arteon when I get it - I can dream, right? )

Yeah, that would be cool. If only we could write/load logical code at that level.

The current theme (R-Line AFAIK) uses blue highlights, so it compliments that nicely. And blue is also a traditional VW branding color. If I wanted to go full OCD, I'd try match the actual color RGB/hex code and brightness to the screen =D

Edit - here's a night photo:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-20220516_185020-jpg

Edit 2: so... my wife just pointed out that I'm a dumbass (in a nicer way). Turns out that the car theme is set to the ambient light color. Here's a photo using her personalized key:

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-20220516_185801-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-20220516_143618-jpg  
    Last edited by nermal; 16-05-2022 at 07:05 PM. Reason: Ima dumbass
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    HI to all. I am finally a VW owner again and just picked up my 2022 Arteon in Pearl White from the Northern Beach are of Sydney. I remember when i had my Golf R I changed in the VCDS the Auto Stop Start feature, the air recirculating to remain on and the beeping warning sounds just because the car is on and the door open. But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon? I received an email from Uwe Ross from Rosstech himself saying,
    Since roughly MY2019 VW have made it effectively impossible to disable start/stop via diagnostics, because the cars were certified for emmissions and fuel consumptions. As the car is new, I cant promise any of these things can be done, nor is it practical for me to reaseach it without seeing a detailed scan of the car. I cannot help much more than this".

I truly would apprecaite anyone that can help me out. THanks for your time reading my post everyone

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by shamooni View Post
    HI to all. I am finally a VW owner again and just picked up my 2022 Arteon in Pearl White from the Northern Beach are of Sydney. I remember when i had my Golf R I changed in the VCDS the Auto Stop Start feature, the air recirculating to remain on and the beeping warning sounds just because the car is on and the door open. But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon? I received an email from Uwe Ross from Rosstech himself saying,
    Since roughly MY2019 VW have made it effectively impossible to disable start/stop via diagnostics, because the cars were certified for emmissions and fuel consumptions. As the car is new, I cant promise any of these things can be done, nor is it practical for me to reaseach it without seeing a detailed scan of the car. I cannot help much more than this".

I truly would apprecaite anyone that can help me out. THanks for your time reading my post everyone
    Uwe's comments ring true with me. I tried coding the start-stop on my brother-in-law's MY19 Golf with no luck, whereas it works perfectly in my MY18 Passat. Disappointingly, my subsequent research suggests that you will be out of luck for the exact reason that Uwe explained

Can someone please help me (if you know 100% certain) that this is possible to acheive for the Arteon?[/I]
    Congrats, welcome back to the pack.

Checking OBDeleven for the new MY22 Arteon range it does not appear disabling this feature is available either.

Users Country Flag
    Anybody do the screen mirror? If yes do the apps work on the screen like on your phone? When I use android auto only some apps are there to see & use, I want to be able to use other apps through the screen.

Users Country Flag
    Auto Stop Start feature

But I would like to adjust all these settings and I am having no luck. ]
    If you have the little plug on the side of the negative terminal on your battery, you should be able to disable the start/stop by unplugging this. Bear in mind, this is considered the crude way of doing it.

Otherwise you could try one of these: Search results: 4 results for "start/stop"
    – B2BFAB

(not sure which one might be suitable for the Arteon though)

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-2022-06-28-15_18_08-window-jpg
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 28-06-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Thank you very much everyone for trying to help me out. Really appreciate it. My wife has a new Kona NLine Premium and it has no option to have the on or off. It just doesn't turn off at all. Also the air re circulation remains on. We are the owners and drivers of the car and we should decide.
    I'm gonna check the battery out and have a friend who is a Wizz at programming. If we succeed this Saturday, I will report back to you all.
    Thank you

Users Country Flag
    We are the owners and drivers of the car and we should decide.
    Unfortunately, legislators decide this. They are constantly pushing car manufacturers to lower emissions and improve fuel economy in tests that don't really emulate real world usage (as much as anything because all they record is the emissions, nothing else about the drive). In order to meet requirements, manufacturers have to implement things like stop-start technology in a way that it must be automatically enabled by default (otherwise they can't count it towards their emissions reduction targets).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

My wife has a new Kona NLine Premium and it has no option to have the on or off. It just doesn't turn off at all.
    Give it time - someone will come up with a way to turn it off.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast