Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag

Greets all,

Thanks heaps for these tweaks! Got my MY19 Arteon last Wed and my Hex-NET on Friday arvo. Done a few mods already and a few more this weekend coming, so keep em coming!

Cheers
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Had just activated traffic sign recognition... doesn't work as well as expected in Melbourne metro I.e. road sign detection only mode ignores map data so it holds the 80kmph when turning to a 50kmph side street. Is there any way around to get the system to fall back on map data?

Just putting it out there.. Would anyone of you with the knowledge of VCDS coding be up to meet at a mutual location to carry out some of the tweaks (slab or cash)?

Possibly create a register of what can be done to our cars and select them and then Sticky it?

Not sure what everyone's opinion is...would like to hear what you guys think.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Nick,

I'd be interested in this too. I'd like some basic tweaks and would be willing to pay for someones generosity and time.

Users Country Flag
    It's actually super easy if you're doing it whilst talking to someone online who's done it before...

If you've got the kit, I'll walk through it with you at the same time. I'm in Brisbane tho. Actually I've got a Hex-NET II so as long as it's the same kit, I can walk through it with you. I'm no genius but it's actually quite easy. DreamensioN walked me through it and put up with my stupid questions. Now it's easy as heck.
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quick question, and hopefully a simple answer.

I'm using the OBDEleven and have managed to get most of the tweaks I wanted in (Audi mod, R line cluster with bouncy bots, fan speed in auto, high beam memory). Saving the colour mod as a demo.

The last two I'm trying to do are giving me issues - sign recognition and tmc. For sign recognition, trying to set Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2 traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 to active gives me "Function not available". Google tells me that should only happen if the function is not supported by the car, which I think isn't the case - anyone else had this issue before? tmc is in a similar boat, setting the value to 1024 isn't being accepted.

Thanks.

Also, just a general thanks for this thread - it's been very valuable!
    MY18 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Try resetting the app data on the tablet

which is settings (android NOT obdeleven)
    apps
    manage apps
    scroll down to obdeleven
    clear data

youll have to log back in to obdeleven

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jap View Post
    Try resetting the app data on the tablet

which is settings (android NOT obdeleven)
    apps
    manage apps
    scroll down to obdeleven
    clear data

youll have to log back in to obdeleven
    I never would have thought this was an app issue. I was sure I was doing something wrong. Cleared the data and tried it again and it worked like a charm. Quick drive around and it works pretty well.

Thank you very much!
    MY18 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    For anybody that cares - I can confirm the removal of the "nag" screen on the entertainment unit from the Tiguan thread works. This is the pop up message that happens every second time about "For your safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times" that you have to keep pressing "OK" on.
    Hey mate, do you mind sharing how you did this one.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Roco View Post
    Hey mate, do you mind sharing how you did this one.
    Yeah I just noticed it's not in the Tiguan thread anymore - but I found it again in the Golf forums.

5F - Information Elec
    Long Coding
    Byte 23 - set it to 00

Save and might be good to power cycle/reboot the head unit (press and hold down the on/off button until it reboots).
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast