Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayel86 View Post
    Yep got it in.. had to use bit more force than any other obd i used as mentioned by HiddenTaco.. thank you guys for input.
    Seems like I'm also struggling with getting the vcds cable plugged in. Seem to get a connection with the green light, but it's so loose any nudge to the cable will see the head drop off...

Mine is a MY18 model one without the ESC off button, although I won't suspect it, but could the plastic trim be different from the MY17 cars? Any photos of their OBD port would be much appreciated!

**Edit** Got it!
    Last edited by david86; 15-03-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    i just picked up a OBDELEVEN and enough credits to apply some of the simple mods, I am assuming those displayed in the Apps mode are fool-proof and safe to apply.
    all the apps are are scripts of the mods that you can do in the pro version, and yes if that mod was not designed for your car then it may throw up a problem (although very rare) or may not work at all, the only apps that you need to do are VIM and MIM because they cannot be done in long coding

I'll do more research on the additional methods of coding as I don;t want to stuff anything up , though the code that alters the manufacturer to AUDI for smoother acceleration sounds easy enough to get into, so may start there.
    I haven’t got a aerton but on the golf some people are saying they get problems with the ACC

Users Country Flag
    I have run through the main apps page now & applied the various ones of interest.
    I had to reset the lights module inside the media box in order to get the 4-flash blinkers enabled. I could not find the setting for the 10 colour background lighting while I was in there too, probably just confused.

I am not sure I have noted any feedback from the wheel for the lane keep assist/warning so far. I reset those modules as well & now see a user setting for the warning level in the menus, but not detecting a warning shake.
    I have driven a kia + hyundai with that feature & they chirp pretty distinctly if you are clipping the lines, not seeing any feedback from this despite taking a few dodgy corners. I expect to tackle the traffic warning over weekend & then see how the manufacturer one looks.

Users Country Flag
    Over the weekend I noted that the OBD11 apps listed a new item for Arteon - Throttle Pedal Response.

I had already noted that change as one I wanted to try programming anyway, but as the app makes it simple I applied it ,switching from Standard to Responsive. It's certainly a change in feel on the throttle, but I am not sure I prefer this way to the old style. Seems I need to do a few more kms & see how it feels over time.

Now that setting is applied I will check my notes on how it was going to be implemented to see if the same coding values are showing up. After that it should be time to try some more simple codings. I really want the traffic map working so probably start there.

Users Country Flag
    I could not find the setting for the 10 colour background lighting while I was in there too, probably just confused.
    YouTube

Users Country Flag

Great thread, have gotten a lot of useful information from here. One question though, have anyone managed to turn of the beeping/warning sound from opening the trunk remotely?

Have tried the skoda youtube video (YouTube) to no avail.

Quote Originally Posted by REK View Post
    That is a fair price

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by norasian View Post
    Great thread, have gotten a lot of useful information from here. One question though, have anyone managed to turn of the beeping/warning sound from opening the trunk remotely?

Have tried the skoda youtube video (YouTube) to no avail.
    I haven't seen the YouTube video u posted, but I used the coding below to successfully disable the beeping while opening/closing remotely.....

Disable tailgate beep:-
    6D (tailgate)
    Security Access: 12345
    10 - Adaptation
    (6)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Tone sensor
    Set to "not active"
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    I haven't seen the YouTube video u posted, but I used the coding below to successfully disable the beeping while opening/closing remotely.....

Disable tailgate beep:-
    6D (tailgate)
    Security Access: 12345
    10 - Adaptation
    (6)-Ausstattungen aktivieren-Tone sensor
    Set to "not active"
    It worked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing, @dArK5HaD0w

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast