Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    This is frackin super excellent mod ta

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahah! I know right! Totally changes the feel of the car. It's like...this is the way it should have been from the start!
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Hahah! I know right! Totally changes the feel of the car. It's like...this is the way it should have been from the start!
    Having driven into brisbane this morning on ACC & TJA all the way, it is almost like driving a different and superior car. Clearly this mod is effecting more than foot actuated throttle control. This mod is totally amazing !! The way it behaves in Sport mode is super wow

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Ok, I've done a freaking sweet rear DRL tweak - which I prefer over the "Scandinavian DRL" tweak.

The "Scandinavian rear DRL" tweak basically puts the parker lights on full time. So this means the rear parker lights (the "DRL's") are at 100% brightness, and also the number plate light is on. At full brightness the rear lights are pretty damn bright, even in full sunlight, and it looks like you're just driving around with your parkers on (which you are!).

I wanted to make the rear DRL's more subtle, like how you see on the latest Audi Q7's. I've seen it in real life, and they look almost as though you're not quite sure if they're glowing or not. They're not stupid in-your-face bright.

Here's a Youtube of what I'm talking about - you'll see when he enables the lights - it's not stand-out bright, but really subtle.
    YouTube

However - when my headlights come on (whether it's auto mode, or I put my headlights on manually - or even if I put my parker lights on manually) - I want the rear lights to come on 100% brightness. So essentially, I just don't want 100% brightness during the day, but at night - I want everything how it was from the factory. Also - in DRL mode, your number plate light doesn't come on. But it does when your headlights come on...just like factory spec.

So here is how I did it on the Arteon. This is using VCDS and everything is done in the 09-Cent. Elect. part. You will need a security code to set these changes which is 31347.

Firstly - if you have enabled the original Scandinavian rear DRL mode - turn it off.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
    Value = Inactive
    This should just leave your front DRL's on only. No lights on the rear.

Next - you want to configure your rear lights as DRL's, but you also want to keep the normal function of your auto lights, parkers, and proper headlights. I can't explain the exactness of these tweaks and why the order is important, but this works, and I've tested it.

As always - make a backup of everything first and take note of the settings you change. This way if you don't like it or you stuff it up, you can change them back to how they were.

Please note in the following sections:
    Leuchte23SL = passenger rear
    Leuchte24SL = drivers rear

First setting - this should already be set by the factory, but just check it is.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116312-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23
    Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

Second setting - this will be set to "Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)" - we want to change this to the following. There are 2 "Daytime Running Lights" options - in VCDS, the one that worked was the one higher in the list of options. But basically - if you pick one and the light doesn't come up, pick the other one.

Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116313-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion B 23
    New Value = Daytime Running Lights
    Third setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active". And yes, this is the same as the first setting.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116316-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23
    New Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
    Fourth setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active".
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116317-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23
    New Value = Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
    As you can see - we've changed Light Function B to be "Daytime Running Lights" and we've moved the parker light function down to slot D. Don't ask me what slot A and C do, but I think it has something to do with the light functions needing to be configured in "pairs". I think...I have no idea. I hope someone else with more VCDS knowledge can shed light on why.

Setting the brightness...

This sets the rear DRL's to be 20% brightness during the day. I think this is good. You can go lower/higher if you want. I found the light didn't work properly at 10% (only half of it was actually lit up). Full brightness (the original value of this setting) is 127.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116314-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 23
    New Value = 20
    Set the brightness of the light when in parker and headlight mode. The original value of this will be 0.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116318-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23
    New Value = 127
    That's the passenger side done. Now you just need to do the drivers side. Again you're inserting "Daytime Running Lights" into slot B, and moving "Park Light Right" to slot D. So those settings are as follows...

Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116960-ENG116331-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A 24 

ENG116960-ENG116332-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion B 24
    Value = Daytime Running Lights

ENG116960-ENG116335-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24

ENG116960-ENG116336-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24
    Value = Park Light Right
    And to configure the brightness to be the same it is...

Code:
    ENG116960-ENG116333-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 24
    Value = 20

ENG116960-ENG116337-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24
    Value = 127
    Now if you go to the back of your car - you'll see it in all its glory. With no headlights and just DRL mode - you'll have a nice subtle glow to your rear lights. When your parkers or headlights come on - you'll get 100% brightness as you did before.
    Last edited by DreamensioN; 29-03-2018 at 09:25 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Ok, I've done a freaking sweet rear DRL tweak - which I prefer over the "Scandinavian DRL" tweak.

The "Scandinavian rear DRL" tweak basically puts the parker lights on full time. So this means the rear parker lights (the "DRL's") are at 100% brightness, and also the number plate light is on. At full brightness the rear lights are pretty damn bright, even in full sunlight, and it looks like you're just driving around with your parkers on (which you are!).

I wanted to make the rear DRL's more subtle, like how you see on the latest Audi Q7's. I've seen it in real life, and they look almost as though you're not quite sure if they're glowing or not. They're not stupid in-your-face bright.

Here's a Youtube of what I'm talking about - you'll see when he enables the lights - it's not stand-out bright, but really subtle.
    YouTube

However - when my headlights come on (whether it's auto mode, or I put my headlights on manually - or even if I put my parker lights on manually) - I want the rear lights to come on 100% brightness. So essentially, I just don't want 100% brightness during the day, but at night - I want everything how it was from the factory. Also - in DRL mode, your number plate light doesn't come on. But it does when your headlights come on...just like factory spec.

So here is how I did it on the Arteon. This is using VCDS and everything is done in the 09-Cent. Elect. part. You will need a security code to set these changes which is 31347.

Firstly - if you have enabled the original Scandinavian rear DRL mode - turn it off.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG141647-ENG116593-Außenlicht_Front-Tagfahrlicht-Dauerfahrlicht aktiviert zusaetzlich Standlicht
    Value = Inactive
    This should just leave your front DRL's on only. No lights on the rear.

Next - you want to configure your rear lights as DRL's, but you also want to keep the normal function of your auto lights, parkers, and proper headlights. I can't explain the exactness of these tweaks and why the order is important, but this works, and I've tested it.

As always - make a backup of everything first and take note of the settings you change. This way if you don't like it or you stuff it up, you can change them back to how they were.

Please note in the following sections:
    Leuchte23SL = passenger rear
    Leuchte24SL = drivers rear

First setting - this should already be set by the factory, but just check it is.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116312-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion A 23

Second setting - this will be set to "Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)" - we want to change this to the following. There are 2 "Daytime Running Lights" options - in VCDS, the one that worked was the one higher in the list of options. But basically - if you pick one and the light doesn't come up, pick the other one.

Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116313-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion B 23
    New Value = Daytime Running Lights
    Third setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active". And yes, this is the same as the first setting.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116316-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion C 23
    New Value = Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
    Fourth setting - this is a brand new setting. Current value for this will be "not active".
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116317-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Lichtfunktion D 23
    New Value = Parklicht links (beidseitiges Parklicht aktiviert li & re)
    As you can see - we've changed Light Function B to be "Daytime Running Lights" and we've moved the parker light function down to slot D. Don't ask me what slot A and C do, but I think it has something to do with the light functions needing to be configured in "pairs". I think...I have no idea. I hope someone else with more VCDS knowledge can shed light on why.

Setting the brightness...

This sets the rear DRL's to be 30% brightness during the day. I think this is good. You can go down to 20% if you want. I found the light didn't work properly at 10% (only half of it was actually lit up). Full brightness (the original value of this setting) is 127.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116314-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert AB 23
    New Value = 30
    Set the brightness of the light when in parker and headlight mode. The original value of this will be 0.
    Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116959-ENG116318-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert CD 23
    New Value = 127
    That's the passenger side done. Now you just need to do the drivers side. Again you're inserting "Daytime Running Lights" into slot B, and moving "Park Light Right" to slot D. So those settings are as follows...

Code:
    09-Cent. Elect.
    10-Adaptations
    ENG116960-ENG116331-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion A 24 

ENG116960-ENG116332-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion B 24
    Value = Daytime Running Lights

ENG116960-ENG116335-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion C 24

ENG116960-ENG116336-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Lichtfunktion D 24
    Value = Park Light Right
    And to configure the brightness to be the same it is...

Code:
    ENG116960-ENG116333-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert AB 24
    Value = 30

ENG116960-ENG116337-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert CD 24
    Value = 127
    Now if you go to the back of your car - you'll see it in all its glory. With no headlights and just DRL mode - you'll have a nice subtle glow to your rear lights. When your parkers or headlights come on - you'll get 100% brightness as you did before.
    Superb writeup and inventive adaption mate !

Superb writeup and inventive adaption mate !
    Cheers!

I've actually just gone back and edited the post. Just looking at it again in the daylight, even 30% was probably just a fraction brighter than I think I wanted. So I've dropped it down to 20%. It almost has a "day glow" look to it where in daylight, you can't tell if it's on or not - like...if what you're seeing is light being emitted, or just a reflection of the natural light. It's only when a shadow goes over it you can see it's emitting light.

Users Country Flag

Hmm ok - mine did it no problem. So with VCDS - for the steps I went to:
    1. 01-Engine
    2. 07-Coding
    3. Long Coding
    4. Change the drop down option in Bit 0-2 from "01 Manufacturer: Seat/Skoda/Volkswagen" to "02 Manufacturer: Audi"
    This is interesting. Does anyone know if there is a similar setting for the GTI Golf 7.5?

Users Country Flag

Ok I think this is what you need....

Here is my original Long Code - note the first bit 09

Attachment 33642

On the VCDS, I just use the pull down option to change the manufacturer to Audi. This changes the first bit from 09 -> 0A like so.

Attachment 33643

So if you can make that change - that's your setting.
    Surprisingly, in my Skoda Superb 206, Bit 0-2 was empty... I had to try a couple of times (with engine on and off) before the controller accepted 02 Audi.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Surprisingly, in my Skoda Superb 206, Bit 0-2 was empty... I had to try a couple of times (with engine on and off) before the controller accepted 02 Audi.
    Will be interested to see if the feel of your Superb's drive changes like it has done on our Arteon's ? Do tell

Users Country Flag
    Will be interested to see if the feel of your Superb's drive changes like it has done on our Arteon's ? Do tell

Yeah the throttle response has improved for sure.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Yeah the throttle response has improved for sure.
    Giddy up!! I personally reckon it's done more than just throttle response. Well it feels that way in the Arteon anyway.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast