Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Cool, that's probably it then. I'm sure the half steps appeared after I applied the bouncy dots.

I'll try the adaptation route first... as it'll take a bunch of credits to reverse and re-apply. Also, OBDEleven aren't giving out bonus credits anymore.
    One other thing you might like to try first; just in case it works out for you. I didn't realise you can resize the dials between large and small, and in the smaller view, that looks to take out the interval speed markings. In the Navigation view, that also means getting a bit more map 'real estate' on the screen. Depends what's important to you I guess! Found a video showing the effect, here (skip to about 1:30 for this part): The difference between TWO 2019 VW Digital Cockpit versions. - YouTube

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfloss View Post
    One other thing you might like to try first; just in case it works out for you. I didn't realise you can resize the dials between large and small, and in the smaller view, that looks to take out the interval speed markings. In the Navigation view, that also means getting a bit more map 'real estate' on the screen. Depends what's important to you I guess! Found a video showing the effect, here (skip to about 1:30 for this part): The difference between TWO 2019 VW Digital Cockpit versions. - YouTube
    Yeah, that didn't work unfortunately.

Also tried changing the theme to GTI and then back to R, but still has half steps... burnt 20 credits testing that.

I'll do a full backup next time I have ~30+ mins for it to complete and will then diff my last backup to see what the app changes...

Users Country Flag
    Try this go to 17 dashboard/Adaptation/ display depiction and it gives you 4 options Mine is on the same as dairyfloss's reply 161 top one with dots and no 30.50.70 etc. is no 3 according to my history.

Is in a Tig but will be similar and you dont need credits to change it with a PRO
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 16-08-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Try this go to 17 dashboard/Adaptation/ display depiction and it gives you 4 options Mine is on the same as candyflos's reply 161 top one with dots and no 30.50.70 etc. is no 3 according to my history.

Is in a Tig but will be similar and you dont need credits to change it with a PRO
    That was it, thanks!

It was on "Version 4". Setting it to "Version 3" gave the default GTI theme and "Version 2" was the correct setting - R theme without the half steps.

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-screenshot_20220815-195126_obdeleven-jpg
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    So... I spoke too soon. It seems that changing it back to Version 2 removed the bouncy dots.

I did a full backup and it seems that (along with a bunch of other adaptations I've added), the "Tube_version" has also changed... That adaptation has 16 options (variant_0 to variant_E)

I'll play around with this next time I'm in the car to see if it has any affect on the bouncy dots.

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-tube_version-png
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Users Country Flag
    So... I spoke too soon. It seems that changing it back to Version 2 removed the bouncy dots.

I did a full backup and it seems that (along with a bunch of other adaptations I've added), the "Tube_version" has also changed... That adaptation has 16 options (variant_0 to variant_E)

I'll play around with this next time I'm in the car to see if it has any affect on the bouncy dots.

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-tube_version-png
    I think the Display depiction is the background option, like the bouncy dots, in different views/colours... mine shows that as Version 1, currently. Tube version on mine is set to Variant 3.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfloss View Post
    I think the Display depiction is the background option, like the bouncy dots, in different views/colours... mine shows that as Version 1, currently. Tube version on mine is set to Variant 3.
    Yeah, they seem to interact.. I tried a bunch of different combinations and could only get the bouncy dots in R-theme with the half-steps.

It may just be a 2018 Arteon thing. Seems @petemac110 has a B8 Passat and @Hillbilly has a Tiguan.

Someone has put together a cool spreadsheet in another forum that lists all the combinations for a Golf Mk7: Golf 7 - Active Info Display theme coding - Google Sheets

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-image-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, they seem to interact.. I tried a bunch of different combinations and could only get the bouncy dots in R-theme with the half-steps.

It may just be a 2018 Arteon thing. Seems @petemac110 has a B8 Passat and @Hillbilly has a Tiguan.

Someone has put together a cool spreadsheet in another forum that lists all the combinations for a Golf Mk7: Golf 7 - Active Info Display theme coding - Google Sheets

Arteon VCDS / OBDEleven Tweaks - Confirmed working-image-jpg
    I've got the Arteon MY18 too... launch model.

Users Country Flag
    Ive got dots but they dont bounce. Why worry its not a entertainment unit.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Ive got dots but they dont bounce. Why worry its not a entertainment unit.
    Yeah, I've pretty much settled on having the half-steps. Just my engineering brain going into obsessive problem-solving mode.

BTW - it looks like my software is a couple of versions behind, so maybe it'll fix itself with the next update.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast