Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Tyre Replacement

Arteon Tyre Replacement

Hi all,

I need new tyres for the Arteon. The front set have done 30k and it's time to replace them. The standard are Pirelli P Zero 245/35 R20 95Y. Local mechanic says they come with a tyre sealant. Like for like appears to be around $420 per corner (I am only doing front at this stage, still 10k left in the rears).

Does anyone recommend anything else or best to stick with the OEM spec?

thanks
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    Mate, get any tyres that you wish...

Your original Pirelli P Zero had Seal Inside Technology; Seal Inside: discover the technology | Pirelli

My Passat Alltrack had the same (along with many other cars in the past), I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tires.

Different tyre manufacturers call it a different thing, however is not required (don't get confused with Run Flat Technology).
    I do not know of any VW's in the range with Run Flat.

Either way, those 245/35 R20 95Y tyres are going to cost you a pretty penny!

Everyone has their favorites, but you can't go wrong with Dunlop, Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli in my personal opinion.

Let us know how you go!
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag

Arteon Tyre Replacement

The Pirelli PZero’s wear quickly (especially on the outer edges) and have a habit of splitting/delaminating sidewalls. My brother has now replaced 3x PZero’s on his 2018 Skoda Octavia RS due to split sidewalls.

Personally I would not recommend the PZero’s but its up to you.

As an option, I recently fitted these Hankook Ventus S1 Evo 3’s to my Mk7 Golf GTI and am very happy with them. When I got them a few months ago they had a “buy 4 and pay for 3 deal” so this was a good saving.

The Hankook’s have a slightly higher treadwear rating than the PZero’s so they should theoretically last a bit longer, grip really well and are quiet.

Hankook 245/35R20 Tyres from $399 | JAX Tyres & Auto 1300 367 897
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 08-01-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Another alternative which I had on my previous car and would recommend is the Falken Azenis FK510. Good tyre and rated really well for the price.

FK510 245/45ZR20 103Y | 245/45R20 Tyres for sale
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    In my opinion, and for that size vehicle, I would go for Michelin Pilot 4S. They are more expensive but I had a set of 255/35x19's on a previous Audi Quattro and they transformed the car following a set of Pirelli P Zeros.. The Michelins hold on in the wet and won't let the front end break in roundabouts and tight corners. They are comparatively quiet and hard wearing as well. Cheers- John

I recently had the originals replaced in Geelong $325 each

Users Country Flag
    Michelin PS4 (which are different to Michelin Pilot 4S). The great all rounder!

Pirelli would be my last choice unless they were ridiculously cheap (like $200 each)
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

I don't love the P Zero's... put the tyre specs and your postcode into Tyroola.com.au and grab some prices to compare it to. Most local places will do a price match.

Picked up some Continental ContiSportContact 6 for $300 a corner. They are doing really well and compete with the best of them: Continental Sport Contact 6 - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews

As above, Michelin Pilotsport 4 is a great recommendation if you can find them in the Arteon size. The 4S version is a bit of overkill and a firmer drive, but if the price is right might be a good option.

Perfect, thanks all.

Yes - 30,000 is pretty average in my experience coming from a Golf 7 R and a 6 GTI plus a few V8s with 19s and 20s prior.

A lot of options there -

Hancook
    Falken
    Michelin
    Conti

I will use the search engine recommended and see what I can come up with. I will change the car in the next 12 months so need to do all four by then.

Cheers.
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Jesus that was a long and involved process. Fitted Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tyres this morning. Feels like a brand new car. Love them. $419 a corner from Tyre Rite in Parramatta.

Two days from order to fitting for them to come from Michelin Melbourne warehouse. Had I been unable to get them I was going with the Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetric 5 or the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 but both very had to find at the moment, especially in a 243/35 20 size.

Thanks for all the recommendations.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast