Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Tyre Replacement

Users Country Flag

Just got mine replaced at 55,000 kms at Bridgestone Select, Hoppers Crossing

Last set were Dunlops from same place.

New ones are Bridgestone Potenza 245/35R20 95Y XL

$1400 for 4 tyres and wheel alignment

Had to wait a few days because of low stock.

Impressed so far and haven't even pushed them to the max ... yet!!
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 14-03-2021 at 05:20 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Got mine replaced last Friday @45000km , i got Michelin Pilot Sport 4S MO from Tempe tyres in Fairfield for $395 and i just love them , performed very well during downpour in Sydney in the last few day, they feel like they just cutting through water on the road.
    Michelin 2453520 95Y Pilot Sport 4S MO | Tyres | Tempe Tyres
    Arteon 2018 ,white , Sound and Style Package , Sunroof, APR Stage 1,Turbo Inlet ,K&N

Users Country Flag
    Have just bought some new shoes for my MY18 Arty. I went with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S (245/35/R20), which I picked up for $515 a corner from Bob Jane at Gladesville, NSW. Hard to find these at the moment (hence little option for discount), and was happy they could source quickly from another state, ahead of due service.

My previous rears were the stock P Zeros & had 31K on them, and the fronts were Kumho Ecsta PS71s, which were installed not long before I bought the car from a dealer, and had maybe 10-15K on them. Not sure what happened to the original Pirelli fronts, but suspect they might have had sidewall damage, and were replaced by the owner.

I've not had much time on them yet, but the PS4S tyres have transformed the ride. Handles really well, together with being a lot more comfortable and quiet. Very happy with the choice, so far!

Cheers,
    Matt.

I also ended up going the Pilot Sport 4S on the front about a month ago and they are great. Previously used Continental SportContact 6, which were good but had a fairly high rolling resistance.

With all the pot holes and supply issues, it was slim pickings for the Arteon 20" tyres, so glad they were in stock.

I've previously used Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my other cars and always rated them highly, but the 4S is even better. It seems to live up to its high reputation.

I believe the Pilot Sport 5 will be out soon, and no doubt an 'S' version somewhere down the track. Although Michelin aren't always consistent with their naming conventions.

Users Country Flag
    Another +1 for Michelin Pilot Sports. We been running them on our Passats for years. The old 125TDI originally came with PZeros and they soon developed flat spots that produced a weird "thud thud thud" road noise, which made me think there was something seriously wrong with the car, until it was diagnosed by a mechanic.

We switched them for Pilot Sports and it was a whole new car again. The R36 loves them too - they just stick it to the road.

The Arteon came with a mixture of Pilot Sports (front) and PZeros (rear). I'll be swapping those PZeros out next chance I get - will probably check Costco for pricing. The local Bob Jane usually have decent deals too.
    Last edited by nermal; 02-05-2022 at 07:11 PM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    I've been very happy with Michelin Pilot Sport tyres on other cars, a shame (but not a surprise) to hear the Pirellis aren't going well for people...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Pilot Sport 5 has been released now too...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    kinforest kf550 uhps. well built all rounder at $120 a corner cant be beat.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    kinforest kf550 uhps. well built all rounder at $120 a corner cant be beat.
    Kinforest KF550 UHP - Tyre Reviews and Tests

Mixed reviews, but not universally bad (and the bad ones are mysteriously vague on detail).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

read the peoples actual reviews and what cars they are driving.. they are damn reliable and pretty decent at spirited driving and reliable in the wet (not sure about hard spirited driving in the wet) but i never had an issue with them until about 35,000km+ when they spun wheels once in the wet from a stand still..... better than falling apart at 100kmph+ on the freeway

ill be replacing all my goodyears with them ..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast