Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arteon sound system issue

Unhappy Arteon sound system issue

Hi all, I've got the Dynaudio sound system on mine and recently the rear passenger side speaker has started distorting/crackling. Called VW and they said it will cost $180 for a diagnosis, which will be waived off if the issue is covered by the warranty. If not I'll have to pay for the diagnosis and whatever is going to cost me to replace the speaker.

Has anyone had this issue? Trying to figure out if it will be covered by the warranty or will I have to cop a hefty bill

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbuster View Post
    Hi all, I've got the Dynaudio sound system on mine and recently the rear passenger side speaker has started distorting/crackling. Called VW and they said it will cost $180 for a diagnosis, which will be waived off if the issue is covered by the warranty. If not I'll have to pay for the diagnosis and whatever is going to cost me to replace the speaker.

Has anyone had this issue? Trying to figure out if it will be covered by the warranty or will I have to cop a hefty bill
    I would have thought that should be covered by warranty.

I haven't had the issue - but if you isolate the sound just to that speaker, does it make the noise regardless of volume/music style?
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    I would have thought that should be covered by warranty.

I haven't had the issue - but if you isolate the sound just to that speaker, does it make the noise regardless of volume/music style?
    Yes, it does. And I am not talking about songs with heavy bass notes either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I must say I'm gobsmacked at the cheek of the VW dealership wanting to charge for a diagnosis etc. and putting you through this nonsense as the car is under warranty. Try another VW dealer would be my advice.

Ten years ago I owned a second gen Mazda6 and it developed the same speaker problem as described by you. Werribee Mazda replaced it under warranty no questions asked. I just had to wait two weeks for the new speaker to arrive. Too easy!
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    I must say I'm gobsmacked at the cheek of the VW dealership wanting to charge for a diagnosis etc. and putting you through this nonsense as the car is under warranty. Try another VW dealer would be my advice.

Ten years ago I owned a second gen Mazda6 and it developed the same speaker problem as described by you. Werribee Mazda replaced it under warranty no questions asked. I just had to wait two weeks for the new speaker to arrive. Too easy!
    Thanks Buzy_Robot. I guess Werribee Mazda and Werribee VW would be totally different Arteon sound system issue They are the ones who wants to charge for the diagnosis.

Users Country Flag
    Yes, it does. And I am not talking about songs with heavy bass notes either.

100% a warranty issue. It's either a cracked speaker diaphragm, or possibly a bad connection/wiring. Neither of which are your problem if the car is under warranty.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Buzy_Robot. I guess Werribee Mazda and Werribee VW would be totally different Arteon sound system issue They are the ones who wants to charge for the diagnosis.

Well, the 206TSI Passat I purchased 3 years ago from Werribee Volkswagen (called Gateway Volkswagen now, I believe) developed a leaky washer bottle and deformed driver seat base and both were replaced free of charge under warranty by them. Not sure why they are playing hard ball now. If they won't budge try another dealer and/or contact VW Australia directly.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Thanks guys. Well, the 45k sevice is coming up. I will book it in for the service and speaker issue altogether.

Just an update on this. Geelong VW checked the speakers out and rear left speaker(s) have been ordered. Although it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive

Question, is it normal that the rear speakers have a lesser output compared to the front speakers?

Users Country Flag

Just an update on this. Geelong VW checked the speakers out and rear left speaker(s) have been ordered. Although it would take 3-4 weeks to arrive

Question, is it normal that the rear speakers have a lesser output compared to the front speakers?
    But they're replacing it under warranty?

And yep - I'm pretty sure it is normal for front & rear speakers to be different wattages. It all depends how the sound system has been setup. I've had cars where the larger speakers were in the back, and vice versa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast