Thread: Arteon remote start?

Users Country Flag

Arteon remote start?

Looks like the US models have remote start options.. I wonder if we could possibly order/retrofit these parts into the AU cars?

Remote Start Kit: 3CN065760
    Extended Range Remote Start - Key Fob (Old Logo): 000065761

It's probably a complicated process of keying the remotes etc (and maybe require other parts) - just curious if it'd be possible?

Would be really nice to start the air conditioning remotely in Qld summers.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    A couple of issues (apart from legalities, I'm not sure it's road legal here, might want to check) - US remotes operate on a different frequency to RoW so those remotes won't be able to be paired with the immobilizer.
    If you get the EU version instead you will still need to have the remote immo matched which requires ODIS online access. Dealers won't do it for you if you installed it because of the legal side.
    Technically possible with someone who has access to ODIS and can retrofit the kit.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    A couple of issues (apart from legalities, I'm not sure it's road legal here, might want to check) - US remotes operate on a different frequency to RoW so those remotes won't be able to be paired with the immobilizer.
    If you get the EU version instead you will still need to have the remote immo matched which requires ODIS online access. Dealers won't do it for you if you installed it because of the legal side.
    Technically possible with someone who has access to ODIS and can retrofit the kit.
    ok, thanks for the details. interesting

From what I've been able to gather... remote start is probably legal on private land (in your driveway etc), but illegal if parked on the street. And also varies from state to state.

A friend mentioned that it was fitted in his friend's RAM (friend of a friend credibility).. and then there's this article about the feature in upcoming BMW's: https://www.drive.com.au/news/bmw-to...-legal-to-use/

I really enjoyed having this feature in the snowy Canadian winters, where temperatures often dip to minus 20-30C ... Can see the potential benefit in QLD summers.. especially with a black on black car!
    Last edited by nermal; 28-04-2022 at 03:39 PM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Users Country Flag
    Yeah the running the AC for a while before getting in is as good a reason as heating up a frozen car.
    Given we no longer make cars here it's likely the rules will have to continue to harmonize with EU regulations so it might be a common feature in a few years.
    If you find the EU kit would probably be a relatively easy retrofit (online ODIS access requirement aside).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Yeah the running the AC for a while before getting in is as good a reason as heating up a frozen car.
    Given we no longer make cars here it's likely the rules will have to continue to harmonize with EU regulations so it might be a common feature in a few years.
    If you find the EU kit would probably be a relatively easy retrofit (online ODIS access requirement aside).
    Heh, I'll add an EU remote start kit to my list of parts to find - nothing immediately pops up, but will keep checking the parts sites.

Also looking at ventilated seat retrofit options - guessing US seats could have similiar issue (beyond LHD vs RHD component swapping)?
    I may just have to wait for someone to crash a new MY22 AU model and retrofit those - hmm.. seats from another MQB model might also work. Also want to transplant the new larger MY22 wireless charging bay (MY18 doesn't fit my phone).

Looked at some performance lower control arms and sway bars too.. (off-topic) these don't seem as sporty as those in our R36's @Kamold - doesn't handle as solidly and it looks like the control arms may be pressed metal vs solid aluminium (after trying to squeeze my head under both cars for a look).

(Back on topic) seems the Ford pass app also supports remote start in Australia:

• Remote Vehicle Start and Stop[iii] : Using the FordPass app, drivers can start their vehicle’s engine from home, the office or elsewhere via smartphone for a period of up to five minutes, enabling the Ranger or Everest’s cabin to commence heating or cooling to the last known setting. This helps ensure a cool, comfortable interior on a hot Australian summer day, or a de-iced, warmed and inviting vehicle in winter. This function automatically makes sure the vehicle doors are locked before the engine can be switched on. The vehicle is ready to be driven once the driver arrives with the key.

Ford Ranger Australia’s First Utility To Offer Connectivity Standard Across The Range, With FordPass Connect