Thread: Arteon Recall - Service Campaign/Recall Description (S-Suction-jet pump)

Users Country Flag

Arteon Recall - Service Campaign/Recall Description (S-Suction-jet pump)

Hi guys

Was booking the Arteon in the other week for a service and got notification of an active recall.

Details = S-Suction-jet pump

Anyway after some messing around I finally got this replaced by VW which turned out to be the fuel pump replacement.

Maybe worth noting guys to flag this if it doesn't auto alert you when booking this in.

VW Website to stick your VIN in to check = Service Campaigns and Recalls | Volkswagen Australia

Shane

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SHANEO79 View Post
    Hi guys

Was booking the Arteon in the other week for a service and got notification of an active recall.

Details = S-Suction-jet pump

Anyway after some messing around I finally got this replaced by VW which turned out to be the fuel pump replacement.

Maybe worth noting guys to flag this if it doesn't auto alert you when booking this in.

VW Website to stick your VIN in to check = Service Campaigns and Recalls | Volkswagen Australia

Shane
    Thanks for sharing Shane, I’ll be sure to get mine checked out when it goes to the dealer next week

Users Country Flag
    I saw that on the most recent service invoice and thought it had something to do with the window washer!

Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 21-08-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    I just had my car in for 36K service (less than 15k travelled as I was interstate to avoid covid issues) & they knew about the S-SUCTION recall when I was booking the car in. They also kept the car overnight to complete it.

On the invoice there is no mention of the recall item, and the VW web query still shows as Oustanding.

I am now wondering who I should chase up to see if they actually did the recall item - is there anythuing physical I can look for ?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi Andrew

On my service printout it says, on the first page, "Campaign s20 Suction" then the description of carrying out that work.

You should know if it was done as the heavy smell of petrol was inside the cabin for about 3 days as they needed to remove the rear and lining etc to get to the pump.

Users Country Flag

thanks, with that info I was able to get back to them & confirm that they didnt get around to the recall item somehow. No realistic excuse was offered as the greeter chap showed me the recall job on the ipad when I arrived & they specifically had the car overnight.

So I will be back there next week, at least this time they offered a loan car so I can get around as needed.