Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fault - ACC Not Available error message displayed

Users Country Flag

Question Fault - ACC Not Available error message displayed

Hi guys

Happy New Year!

Twice over the last three weeks I have started up my Arteon, engaged drive and taken off at slow speeds when suddenly the car shudders, the gearbox feels and sounds like it disengages then a very brief warning appears on the dash "ACC Not Available" in orange. Then after probably 3 seconds everything clears and the car returns to normal and I can drive off.

The first time this happened I was pulling out of a parking spot on the side of a flat road and when it happened again tonight I was pulling out of a shopping centre car park onto a main road.

It's a good thing that on both occasions there was zero traffic on the street or approaching from behind as with my car coming to a complete stop when the fault occurs could have been far more interesting if someone was behind me at that time.

Anyone here experienced this in their VW?

Thanks.

Shane

Users Country Flag
    Another forum site shows others who have had the same problem.

VWVortex.com - ACC not available!

Guess it's time for dealer.
    Arteon TSI R-Line 2019

Users Country Flag
    Hey Shane, yep mine Has done the same three times too. Am working with the dealer to bottom it out. So far it’s had the gearbox software updated but it’s happened again once since then. I’m meeting with their diagnostic guru next week to discuss the plan of attack.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ando View Post
    Another forum site shows others who have had the same problem.

VWVortex.com - ACC not available!

Guess it's time for dealer.
    Thanks for the headsup Ando, I'll head over there and check that out.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by JVM View Post
    Hey Shane, yep mine Has done the same three times too. Am working with the dealer to bottom it out. So far it’s had the gearbox software updated but it’s happened again once since then. I’m meeting with their diagnostic guru next week to discuss the plan of attack.
    Thanks JVM, I appreciate the info. Would you mind posting another update when you get to the bottom of this issue? I'm still 10k away from the 30k service so It'll be a while before I get the VW team to check this out.

Users Country Flag
    Will do.
    Incidentally I don't believe the ACC has an issue. Many cars disable the cruise control when a fault happens and I reckon this is the case here. If I'm correct, the "ACC not available" warning is a consequence of the gearbox issue and not connected.

Users Country Flag
    This happened to me 3 times in the space of a month when I first got my Arteon. All 3 times were in similar circumstances, where I was driving slowly up hill or a car park ramp. Reported it to dealer, they performed a dsg update and I have not had a issue since (over 7 months).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoska View Post
    This happened to me 3 times in the space of a month when I first got my Arteon. All 3 times were in similar circumstances, where I was driving slowly up hill or a car park ramp. Reported it to dealer, they performed a dsg update and I have not had a issue since (over 7 months).
    All 3 times my car was facing uphill too! All when going from reverse to drive.

Users Country Flag
    Does it feel like your accelerating then all of a sudden the car sorta feels like the gearbox disengages? Its happened twice to me. After a couple of seconds you put your foot down and off the car goes. Didn't see any error messages anywhere though?

Users Country Flag

I've had this once in 2 years. Cold start, reversed out of driveway, drove 20 meters then turned right slowly. The gear box felt like it went into neutral and it was until I took my foot off the accelerator that it engaged. Dangerous that it happened at a t intersection.

Never reported this to VW as it only happened once. I suspect a gearbox software update would fix it.

The link provided by Ando (first reply) is not the same issue. I have had a similar issue as described. Only once in my Arteon and once in a loaned Tiguan. It happens when the car does not trust the sensors. Certain interference or dirt on the sensors can cause this.

Reported this to VW and they found no faults so did nothing. Not repeatable.

I highly suggest you report the occurrence of any of these things and make sure they note it on your records.
    Arteon & T-Roc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast