Thread: Arteon R

Users Country Flag

Arteon R

He guys check out the new Arteon R vide from the youtube channel Autogeful. This is what ours should have been like from the start!

Does anyone know if its coming to AUS?

The sexiest VW ever? Volkswagen Arteon R GT 320 hp AWD REVIEW - YouTube

Users Country Flag

Arteon R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    He guys check out the new Arteon R vide from the youtube channel Autogeful. This is what ours should have been like from the start!

Does anyone know if its coming to AUS?

The sexiest VW ever? Volkswagen Arteon R GT 320 hp AWD REVIEW - YouTube

The fast back or estate is even better looking, but alas and apparently, VW Aust isn't going to be bringing the R versions. Reasoning is there's the Golf R, T-Roc R and Tiguan R available here, and they reckon they won't have much demand.
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by MMR36 View Post
    The fast back or estate is even better looking, but alas and apparently, VW Aust isn't going to be bringing the R versions. Reasoning is there's the Golf R, T-Roc R and Tiguan R available here, and they reckon they won't have much demand.
    I hope they change their mind!

Whoever is making those decisions should be shot at sight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hellbuster View Post
    Whoever is making those decisions should be shot at sight

Seems the love for the SUV has taken over... and that's where the volume is! We can only hope the Arteon versions VW Aus do bring in sell like hotcakes, that might prompt a change.
    R36 Wagon MY2010.5: Biscay Blue| Dynaudio and Nav| RVC| VW tow bar|
    Mod highlights:
    ECU and DSG Tune| 3AA CCM and 7N0 Gateway| 3D colour MFD| MIB2 retrofit and 7N0 RVC| Quad LED tail, brake and indicator rings| Zimmermann Sportbrake rotors, composite pads| TPMS High| 2Q0 Blind Spot and RCTA| B8 rearview mirror|

Seems the love for the SUV has taken over... and that's where the volume is! We can only hope the Arteon versions VW Aus do bring in sell like hotcakes, that might prompt a change.
    Might be my personal view. Feels like people will pay that bit of extra for all the bells and whistles.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, would actually be an enticing upgrade for those of us who already have the original 206TSI R-Line. Pricing would probably be roughly $83,000 (fastback) to $85,000 (shooting brake) driveaway which would just be manageable for an Arteon nutter like myself; however, it really depends on the willingness of the public to buy a niche variant of an already niche model. Also depends on the willingness of dealers to display, sell and service an additional 'R' variant.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    I've just discovered the Arteon Shooting Brake R (yes, I know, where have I been hiding) and note that it isn't coming to Australia, which is a crying shame.

Obviously the current VW management doesn't remember the success of the Passat R36 a decade or so ago. If we are going to buy a VW niche product then making sure it is the performance variant, in this case the R, is a bit of a no brainer really.

Poor marketing decision by VW Australia, I'm afraid.
    Biscay Blue MY10.5 Passat R36 Wagon
    Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Power Tailgate, ACC with Front Assist, RVC, BT 9w7, Factory Tint and Factory Towbar
    Night Blue MY15.5 Golf GTI Performance
    Options: Black Vienna Leather, DAP II, Panoramic Sunroof and Voice Control (every box ticked.)

Users Country Flag
    Have you got the source of info of it not coming to Australia?
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Have you got the source of info of it not coming to Australia?
    It’s not.

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2021-v...ice-and-specs/