Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vedi View Post
    Did you have a chance to get the tune done? Any feedback so far?
    Oh, yeah - I sure did! It's made a massive difference from stock, and after a few days of driving, both around the city & quite hilly area we live, and also on a regional trip over the Bells Line of Rd (Blue Mountains) and on to the central west, I'm sure it's the best $999 we could have spent on the car. The ECU flash was done in about 30 mins by the great crew at European Autotech; following a quick read and acceptance of some T&Cs around the turbo and such. Easy.

Driving in 'D', the throttle response delay / lag is now nearly non-existant, vs. the previous 1.5-2 secs it would sometimes take from low RPMs to react to what my foot was asking it for, and once it responds, it does it powerfully, but still not with the feeling she's going to get away from you. Acceleration is smooth and linear; much moreso than the Audi mod offered. Freeway passing is great fun. I haven't yet given it a good go in sport and manual modes, as 'D' is giving us all we need! It really is like we've gone and picked up a new performance car.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dairyfloss View Post
    Oh, yeah - I sure did! It's made a massive difference from stock, and after a few days of driving, both around the city & quite hilly area we live, and also on a regional trip over the Bells Line of Rd (Blue Mountains) and on to the central west, I'm sure it's the best $999 we could have spent on the car. The ECU flash was done in about 30 mins by the great crew at European Autotech; following a quick read and acceptance of some T&Cs around the turbo and such. Easy.

Driving in 'D', the throttle response delay / lag is now nearly non-existant, vs. the previous 1.5-2 secs it would sometimes take from low RPMs to react to what my foot was asking it for, and once it responds, it does it powerfully, but still not with the feeling she's going to get away from you. Acceleration is smooth and linear; much moreso than the Audi mod offered. Freeway passing is great fun. I haven't yet given it a good go in sport and manual modes, as 'D' is giving us all we need! It really is like we've gone and picked up a new performance car.

Cheers,
    Matt.
    I't's already got spunk, so great to read about the Arteon unleashed!
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

For anyone considering a tune REVO have 20% off their software for February. Roughly $975 for Stage 1.

Reading the Golf R forums, APR seem to be more common and slightly more aggressive, but REVO more linear in power delivery.

In the past I've gone pretty hard with Japanese modifications and tuning, so looking forward to a light entry with Euros.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys, I am about to bite the bullet & go a stage 2 TVS tune ecu/tcu with a down pipe. I am looking for a cat back exhaust with resonator but am finding it hard to find, not really interested in ordering from overseas prefer Australian stock, also looking to do the inlet side, spoke to GPG, they say they can do all less the cat back exhaust, any tips? Prefer a drive in drive out service

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Hi guys, I am about to bite the bullet & go a stage 2 TVS tune ecu/tcu with a down pipe. I am looking for a cat back exhaust with resonator but am finding it hard to find, not really interested in ordering from overseas prefer Australian stock, also looking to do the inlet side, spoke to GPG, they say they can do all less the cat back exhaust, any tips? Prefer a drive in drive out service
    Would love to hear your thoughts on the TVS Stage 2 ECU/TCU tune when you get it. Considering between the TVS Stage 2 ECU and Stage 3 TCU combo or APR/Ecotune. If you're also getting a downpipe, not going for the Stage 2+ ECU tune?
    Last edited by sqwert; 04-03-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I am about to put my 2018 Arteon in for either a stage 2+ TVS ecu & tcu tune or stage 3 with all the inlet & exhaust bits needed just waiting for a confirmed price on both

Quote Originally Posted by DatEon View Post
    Over the last few months a number of mods have been done to my car, each time I have run it on the dyno to measure the hoped for improvements.
    2019 Arteon,
    APR stage 1 high torque tune,
    APR ignition coils
    Denso IKH24 spark plugs
    TVS stage 2+ DSG tune,
    MST TIP and hose,
    R600 air intake,
    Revo charge pipe set.

158 AWkW, unmodified, not shown, all runs on the same dyno.

So, the two dyno sheets show the improvements,
    201.5 AWkW, APR stage 1, modified standard air box and K&N filter, CTS cast TIP
    209.3 AWkW, MST TIP and hose, modified snorkel
    210.1 AWkW, R600 intake
    212.9 AWkW, Revo charge pipe set

A few things that don't show up on the dyno, R600 intake, big improvement on turbo response, and same for Revo charge pipe set.
    Car is so much more responsive now with those two changes.
    Also included turbo boost for dyno runs, (and gratuitous car on dyno pic)

Attachment 52903Attachment 52900Attachment 52901Attachment 52902

Hope this info is of some use to anyone looking to mod their EA888 Gen3 motor.

Users Country Flag
    So iwent to speak to another tuner today in search of the right shop to do my Arteon, I am looking to go either TVS stage 2+ or stage 3, anyone who went satge 3 what turbo have they used & why?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    So iwent to speak to another tuner today in search of the right shop to do my Arteon, I am looking to go either TVS stage 2+ or stage 3, anyone who went satge 3 what turbo have they used & why?
    I’m running Stage 3, what state are you located in?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    I’m running Stage 3, what state are you located in?
    I'm in NSW mate, what turbo did you go with?

Users Country Flag

Well I am going all in full stage 3 full exhaust system & induction new turbo new fuel setup & a galano tune oh & getting it lowered hopefully all bits are in stock in the next week or 2 to get this completed.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast