Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    So one month on Hicks, still happy? Any drone on highway cruising or even around town? I'm going to jack up the back of the car this weekend and measure the size of the mufflers/ offset angles etc and shop a pair of universal sports mufflers (that hopefully wont' drone otherwise it will be a quick trip back to get them reset!)
    Definitely still happy with it!! There is definitely drone, which if you like a quiet drive then I certainly wouldn’t recommend removal of resonator and the sports mufflers. Should probably be fine with just sports mufflers though as I’m pretty sure the resonator does a lot of the work preventing drone.
    I’m very interested to hear your progress on the muffler swap. Keep me posted.
    Since I have been enjoying the exhaust for a while now I just want to keep going with the mods. I’m only hesitant to going any further as I don’t want to totally destroy the warranty this early on.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    I’m very interested to hear your progress on the muffler swap. Keep me posted.
    Since I have been enjoying the exhaust for a while now I just want to keep going with the mods. I’m only hesitant to going any further as I don’t want to totally destroy the warranty this early on.
    Yep, my thoughts to,both in terms of leaving the resonator in place and not going much further to preserve warranty. ( I have a couple of work conferences next couple of weeks so will have to delay it). I'll record the sound differences for the forum when it's done. The exhaust shop won't run the electrics though so I'm going to have to sort that out myself by installing a cigarette lighter adapter into the boot lining (think I've found a spot on the side near the access panel for tail light loom.. shouldn't be too hard and will come in handy when I have the 12V fridge in there.

Users Country Flag
    What brand and model rear mufflers have you got?
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Hey INASNT, been offline for a while busy at work preparing for bathurst amongst other things- I got the Varex put on because I didn't want drone/ thrumming 4 cyl through a straight-through muffler- just wanted a good note under spirited driving but be able to switch them to factory when wanting to retain the airs and graces.... the varex were fitted today and.. well.... there's no drone...but DSG farting is very minimal and only seems to kick around 4-5K on the revs, higher and no farts, lower and no farts... sooo... it doesn't sound bad at all... but not precisely what I was looking for... considering a res delete now as a 'test' (relatively cheap to do, easy to reset)- It didn't work for DreamenSion but he had standard mufflers on... tossing up the risk to give it a go and potentially throw good money after bad..

anyone fit a downpipe yet?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    anyone fit a downpipe yet?
    Heyo,
    Im getting a down pipe put onto the arteon this afternoon and stage 2 complete. This is along with the Raceline R600 intake kit (Turbo muffler delete, R600 intake, Turbo inlet elbow, Silicone hose, cotton filter replacement,) and standard muffler and resonator.
    Will keep you in the loop.

How did you go?

Users Country Flag
    The VWR R600 intake sounds great. The whistle of the turbo sounds fab. I also have the APR Turbo turbo inlet,delete etc. I was running an VWR silicone pipe, but when I upgraded they installed a bigger Turbo Technics pipe. Because I have left the sound deadening under the bonnet, and unless I have the windows or sunroof open you can still here the turbo in the car, but not the R600 whistling.

Users Country Flag
    It goes so hard now, OMW if you want a sweet sounding Arteon that doesn't have drone or tinny rattle in the exhaust the DP and stage 2 with intake setup id da bomb.
    All 4 wheels light up and spin in 1st and 2nd gear off launch control.
    Next step Dyno to get true numbers.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    How did you go?
    Downpipe is a job for a car hoist dude, need to move it around a tonne to get the original one out. i recommend watching the vids on youtube to see what brackets and bolts to remove to make the processes 100% easier and less frustrating.
    All the best.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast