Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Woops, must have grabbed the wrong link. That’s the right one, cheers for that.

YouTube
    Far out that's awesome! So that's just exhaust with no re-tune?
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    What an improvement!

I'm sure it sounds even better in person.

One question tho, when not in Sports mode is it more sedate?
    Yes when in drive and not giving it a whole lot its pretty sedate. It won't do any DSG farts when driving it easy. Its definitely louder in person though!

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Far out that's awesome! So that's just exhaust with no re-tune?
    Yep that's just the catback exhaust without any tune. I thought I would need a tune to get the DSG farts but I was very wrong!

Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Yep that's just the catback exhaust without any tune. I thought I would need a tune to get the DSG farts but I was very wrong!
    Nice work! Do you get farts in all modes or is it just S? Sounds so much better.

How is cruising at highway speed? Any drone?
    Last edited by tigger73; 10-07-2018 at 07:05 AM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Hicks. Do you mind sending me who did the exhausts and how much it cost??? Sounds bloody awesome... it really should have came like that as stock imo.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by jayel86 View Post
    Hicks. Do you mind sending me who did the exhausts and how much it cost??? Sounds bloody awesome... it really should have came like that as stock imo.
    +1 for that info.....I'm also thinking of looking at rear muffler mods only (given that without a downpipe/tune I'm not going to be getting any significant gains (other than aural pleasure!) so maybe I could source some rear mufflers that might have the same/similar effect without going 3" from CB... not sure yet but looking into it.

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    +1 for that info.....I'm also thinking of looking at rear muffler mods only (given that without a downpipe/tune I'm not going to be getting any significant gains (other than aural pleasure!) so maybe I could source some rear mufflers that might have the same/similar effect without going 3" from CB... not sure yet but looking into it.
    Hi mate, sorry I haven’t been back on the forum but got a seperate notification from Jayel86 which made me take a look back on here (I thought I normally get notifications when people post). I let jayel86 know that I ended up getting it at mates rates through a custom shop I know on the central coast. Specifically didn’t want me letting anyone know what I paid so I’d suggest a few phone calls around and you’ll prob get a good idea (I reckon 2-3k maybe). I was specifically looking for someone who is passionate about what they do and is a perfectionist. Rear mufflers alone could potentially do the trick, it will still have the resonator but I’m not entirely sure how much of the noise it actually kills. I would be interested to hear your progress if you do end up doing the mufflers alone and how it sounds. I now have a couple more mics so plan on getting some better audio soon, specifically with rear mounted mics during a drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jayel86 View Post
    Hi mate, apologies again, I hope you got my PM. Totally agree it should come like this as stock.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Nice work! Do you get farts in all modes or is it just S? Sounds so much better.

How is cruising at highway speed? Any drone?
    I get farts in S and obviously M. If I’m ever in D I’m generally driving very cruisy and then no I don’t get any farts. You basically get them with shifts over about 3k and giving it a bit. Calmer driving but with a later shift will give a bit of a burbling sound which is still pretty cool. Also get some crackles when cruising to a slow stop in 1st. I’d like more of that but think that comes more so with a tune.

Users Country Flag

I get farts in S and obviously M. If I’m ever in D I’m generally driving very cruisy and then no I don’t get any farts. You basically get them with shifts over about 3k and giving it a bit. Calmer driving but with a later shift will give a bit of a burbling sound which is still pretty cool. Also get some crackles when cruising to a slow stop in 1st. I’d like more of that but think that comes more so with a tune.
    So one month on Hicks, still happy? Any drone on highway cruising or even around town? I'm going to jack up the back of the car this weekend and measure the size of the mufflers/ offset angles etc and shop a pair of universal sports mufflers (that hopefully wont' drone otherwise it will be a quick trip back to get them reset!)

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast