Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Far out! That throttle response mod is the BEST! The lag/doughy responsiveness from the throttle is gone. The car feels like how my Golf R felt like after I got it reflashed with an aftermarket fuel map. The throttle response in the Arteon is now far FAR better. It actually feels more sporty rather than just this "glide you along" saloon.
    How has the AUDI MOD impacted fuel economy? any other issues? (Thinking heavily about doing this one...)

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    How has the AUDI MOD impacted fuel economy? any other issues? (Thinking heavily about doing this one...)
    Easily reversible

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    I've had on my Passat for a couple of months now, marginally better fuel economy. Feels pretty good to drive.
    Mine - Mustang GT MY20 - Carbonised Grey - "Nicky"
    Hers - T-Roc 140 TSI Sport MY21 - Reveena Blue - "Rocky"
    Previous - Passat 206TSI MY17 - Night Blue

Users Country Flag
    I didn't drive it long without the mod but it was not a difference that I noticed.
    I'm getting just over 10L per 100km. I do tend to spend most of my time in 'Sport' though and tend to drive "enthusiastically" at times ...... Always turn off stop\start too....it annoys me but maybe 'cause I'm old fashioned.

Still getting better economy than my '06 Honda Euro 2.4L used to get....
    2018 Arteon
    For Sale - VIC number plates for your Golf - MKVI

Users Country Flag
    Not strictly performance but I'm looking into a catch can. There are a lot of options but nothing specific to the Arteon.

It would be ideal if it was easy to remove before service time.

Has anyone installed one yet?
    Arteon & T-Roc

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Like the other guys - I didn't own the car for that long before doing the mod. Most of my driving is 60kph+, and I get around 7.4L/100km. On the trip back home from the city I can get that down to as low as 6.7L/100.

Either way, I found the Arteon uses WAY less fuel than the old Golf R I used to have.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning-turbo-muffler-delete-jpg Having previously installed the MST intake and K&N filter recommended by blackpaladin67 , I thought I'd free up the turbo a bit more with a turbo-muffler delete kit picked up for $155 delivered (pictured) I drove the car immediately before and after install in the same ambient conditions to see if I 'felt' any difference. I'm not sure what I was expecting, something between nothing at all and that moment when the Millenium falcon jumps to light speed and stars blur into lines- the answer for anyone interested is that to my subjective opinion any difference is so negligible as to be undetectable asides from a more noticeable (but certainly not intrusive) turbo whistle being evident under acceleration/spool up.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks all for your input on the Audi Mod- had my OBDeleven delivered last night, coded it this morning and drove to work- There is certainly a difference- the doughy-ness and proclivity to languish in 3rd gear until the rpm's spin up is gone... much more driveable/enjoyable.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks all for your input on the Audi Mod- had my OBDeleven delivered last night, coded it this morning and drove to work- There is certainly a difference- the doughy-ness and proclivity to languish in 3rd gear until the rpm's spin up is gone... much more driveable/enjoyable.
    Do you think the 0 to 100 is different?
    Arteon & T-Roc

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Do you think the 0 to 100 is different?
    I think you’ll find that WOT is exactly the same. It’ll be the partial throttle/ accelerator mapping that will be different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast