Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Blackpaladin67 View Post
    Air Mod
    Looks like a neat job.
    Last edited by tigger73; 27-05-2018 at 11:03 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Easy as to install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

I would say it feels a bit like i did the Audi mod again, slight turbo noise increase and spool up and throttle responce

Can you tell me where you go the mod-kit from or did you assemble it yourself- together with K&N plus snow baffle delete from the airbox, I'm keen on fitting this to my new arteon... cheers,
    Last edited by tigger73; 27-05-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    I would say it feels a bit like i did the Audi mod again, slight turbo noise increase and spool up and throttle responce

Can you tell me where you go the mod-kit from or did you assemble it yourself- together with K&N plus snow baffle delete from the airbox, I'm keen on fitting this to my new arteon... cheers,
    MST Turbo Intake Elbow & Silicone Hose +12BHP VW Golf mk7 GTI R S3 MQB TSI | eBay
    Plus added k&n filter
    Love it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tigger73; 27-05-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    THANKS Blackpaladin67, Going on the hunt for those parts now... (post edit) goods arrived in 5 days from the UK.. (amazing)- all fitted in under 10min- subjectively, I feel it spools up a bit faster with less lag and quicker throttle response- I feel it was worthwhile and glad I did it- cheers again.
    Last edited by LRDV8R; 28-05-2018 at 07:02 PM. Reason: fitted the parts

Users Country Flag

Once again, thanks for your advice- found the K&N filter code 33-3005 and ordered the intake/tube kit as well... I might try the turbo muffler delete and assess for sound/performance gain but not expecting much - MAMBA AUDI VW EA888 Gen3 1.8T 2.0T GOLF GTI/R MK7 Turbo muffler delete kit | eBay
    Last edited by tigger73; 29-05-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: found the information required.

Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Hi all, Arteon owner here and keen to do some mods. Anyone done any to theirs yet? I知 wanting to fit a downpipe with high flow cat, cat back exhaust, cold air intake and a stage 1 tune (potentially stage 2 depending what else is required). Anyone got any advice? I知 unsure if I will need a custom exhaust, but so far is seeming that way. I知 told a Golf R mk7 downpipe (armytrix/Milltek/APR) will fit but will need a custom extension as it is slightly shorter. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Apologies if I知 posting this in the wrong area, I知 new to posting here. Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks View Post
    Hi all, Arteon owner here and keen to do some mods. Anyone done any to theirs yet? I知 wanting to fit a downpipe with high flow cat, cat back exhaust, cold air intake and a stage 1 tune (potentially stage 2 depending what else is required). Anyone got any advice? I知 unsure if I will need a custom exhaust, but so far is seeming that way. I知 told a Golf R mk7 downpipe (armytrix/Milltek/APR) will fit but will need a custom extension as it is slightly shorter. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Apologies if I知 posting this in the wrong area, I知 new to posting here. Cheers
    Very exciting upgrades- having recently purchased one myself, I'm keen to follow your journey on this, I haven't read about anyone else having done these mods here yet- you could be the trail-blazer in this regard. I've only changed the turbo intake and hose with a drop in K&N.. ordered a turbo muffler delete but all of these mods fit comfortably within ECU perimeters.. If I can add a downpipe and better flow cats without throwing codes (requiring a remap) I'd do it.. but at this point I'm a little nervous about abandoning warranty cover over the engine and drive-train.. but would wholly encourage someone else doing it so I could live vicariously! (lol)

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    Very exciting upgrades- having recently purchased one myself, I'm keen to follow your journey on this, I haven't read about anyone else having done these mods here yet- you could be the trail-blazer in this regard. I've only changed the turbo intake and hose with a drop in K&N.. ordered a turbo muffler delete but all of these mods fit comfortably within ECU perimeters.. If I can add a downpipe and better flow cats without throwing codes (requiring a remap) I'd do it.. but at this point I'm a little nervous about abandoning warranty cover over the engine and drive-train.. but would wholly encourage someone else doing it so I could live vicariously! (lol)
    I think I値l look into/order the same mods you have done in the meantime. So far I知 experiencing what you expected, seems no one has done any of these mods yet and no one can offer much advice on them. Iv spoken to multiple performance shops who are all unsure how to deal with it. Harding Performance were great to chat to but unfortunately a bit far from me (I知 in Sydney). I caught up with City Performance Centre and they are taking a bit of a deeper dive into options. We may be looking at a situation were we just start the downpipe project without really knowing how it will work out. I think the plan might be to just start the install of a Golf R Milltek downpipe and make custom adjustments were necessary, if it ends up being major differences then we may pull the plug and I値l drive away with the same unmodified car (worst case scenario). I think a few calls are just being made as to what turbo is on the Arteon as apparently the product codes are different. It may be a bit of trial and error at first but hopefully we can get some definitive answers before starting any physical work.
    They have taken a scan of the ecu and are assessing the tuning options also.
    I have read H&R have some lowering springs and spacers, so that might be interesting too. I haven稚 gone into any detail on this yet, I might just be getting carried away. I just want to get it more towards the sports side, but without taking it too far.
    I値l keep you posted where I get with all of it. If anyone knows or hears of anything please keep me updated.
    If things start progressing I might start a YouTube video following the project (seeing as there isn稚 much yet). Apologies for the pretty long post.

Users Country Flag

G'day Hicks, Blackpaladin67's link to the intake kit is above but the K&N filter I picked up off sparesbox (online) for $80 delivered which was waaaay cheaper than anywhere else that quoted on it (they're also in Sydney so you'd probably get faster delivery- I only waited 3 days anyway..) Plus might be easier for you to check out ABT Tuning who are in Alexandria in Sydney I think...
    Last edited by LRDV8R; 31-05-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast