Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Performance Mods / Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Well I am going all in full stage 3 full exhaust system & induction new turbo new fuel setup & a galano tune oh & getting it lowered hopefully all bits are in stock in the next week or 2 to get this completed.
    I went for the CTS BB550 - 304awkw with all supporting mods, bit more lag to consider so choose your turbo wisely. What have you decided on?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    I went for the CTS BB550 - 304awkw with all supporting mods, bit more lag to consider so choose your turbo wisely. What have you decided on?
    Adv to go with a EQT Vortex XL Turbo, I am told with the Galano Pro ECU/TCU tune it will be very responsive down low still & pull hard up top also going with the pro fuel flex setup so I can run 98 & or E85,you can mix them in the tank & the sensor adj the tune to the ethanol in the fuel

Users Country Flag
    Adv to go with a EQT Vortex XL Turbo, I am told with the Galano Pro ECU/TCU tune it will be very responsive down low still & pull hard up top also going with the pro fuel flex setup so I can run 98 & or E85,you can mix them in the tank & the sensor adj the tune to the ethanol in the fuel
    Nice mate, keep us posted on the results. Keen to hear how it all goes, I stuck to 98 octane but would be keen on flex down the track also

Users Country Flag
    Did you end up getting it done?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Did you end up getting it done?
    Waiting on parts to arrive, should have it all done early May, also I just ordered a haldex controller.

Users Country Flag
    Waiting on parts to arrive, should have it all done early May, also I just ordered a haldex controller.
    Awesome keep us posted.

Looks like it’s just you and me doing up our Arteon’s in Oz haha

Users Country Flag
    Sounds very interesting. I'm going to start with an ECU/DSG tune, probably with intakes/piping. will then see where that leads...

From what I can see, that turbo is a couple of grand for the part? What kind of budget would you suggest for something like that - does it require other upgrades too (sorry I'm a turbo n00b)?

My biggest issue with the Arteon's performance (vs my R36) is low end responsiveness, so looking at ways to improve that.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Got the Arteon booked into Harding Performance in a couple of weeks time for a stage 1 ECU/DSG tuning, with R600, turbo elbow, turbo muffler delete, silicone hosing and front + rear sway bars. Unfortunately, the lower control arms aren't compatible with the Arteon (open to recommendations/suppliers). Stage 1 tuning should give it ~270kW and ~470Nm.

Anyone know what kind of 0-100km to expect? The Arteon R is supposed to do 4.9s with 235kW.. so expecting 4-point-something.

Will talk to them about stage 2 hardware upgrade options when it goes in for the upgrades. Thinking exhaust (quiet/stealth) and cooling options with some more suspension. Brakes would be a smart idea, but at $6-13K+ ... yikes! Are retrofitring brakes from something like an RS3 an option?

I'd consider lower it, but getting out of the driveway is tight as it is (R36 is no problem, despite being an inch lower). Air suspension may be an interesting solution if legal and can integrate well with the OEM systems.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    I'd consider lower it, but getting out of the driveway is tight as it is (R36 is no problem, despite being an inch lower).
    That may be a factor of longer wheelbase (2840mm vs 2708mm).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    That may be a factor of longer wheelbase (2840mm vs 2708mm).
    Yeah, it also looks like it may be sitting a little further back on the wheels too (without measuring).

The parking sensors are a little over-zealous and it kept slamming the brakes on me backing out (despite having clearance) - I think it has to do with the speed I'm back out at, as it was better when I'd stop half way through. Anyhow, I figured out how to turn the auto-brake-slammer off, so all good at the current height..
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast