Thread: The Arteon Is Officially Back In Australia

Users Country Flag

The Arteon Is Officially Back In Australia

Choose your Volkswagen | Compare & Find All | Volkswagen Australia

And just like that the Arteon has returned Down Under. Starting drive away prices in Victoria are as follows:

the 140TSI Elegance at $68,341

the 206TSI R-Line starting at $77,169

the 140TSI Elegance Shooting Brake starting at $70,425

The 206TSI R-Line Shooting Brake starting at $79,407

Good to see more lines and variants on offer this time, but I reckon the Shooting Brake will ultimately draw the most attention and sales.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 09-12-2021 at 10:07 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Has the price of the sedan gone up? I paid $69450 for mine drive away in Dec 2017. But that was also through a car broker so I have no idea what the full RRP was.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Has the price of the sedan gone up? I paid $69450 for mine drive away in Dec 2017. But that was also through a car broker so I have no idea what the full RRP was.
    Sure has, DreamensioN!

Back in Dec 2018 I paid $69,200 drive away for the 206TSI R-LIne through Kevin Dennis VW as a private buyer.

Today for the mid-life update Volkswagen are charging $80,997 drive away (in white with panoramic sunroof like mine).

I do recall by mid-2018 VW were doing major discounts on the Arteon to shift it. I can't see that happening for quite some time because there is a base model now and because of the semiconductor chip shortage.

I would like to trade-in my current Arteon for another one, but at this price, I'm not rushing unless I can garner a decent changeover price.

TBH, I'm not overly keen to 'downgrade' in performance and specs to the 140TSI Elegance.

I'll take a serious look at the top of the range Kia Stinger as it's priced more competitively than the 206TSI R-Line Arteon, but I hear wait times for the Stinger are a shocker at the moment.

Time will tell ....
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 12-12-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Glad to see the Arteon legacy lives on. It hits that sweet spot of a fully loaded Audi A5, although around $80k it is a tough sell to the wider market with a VW badge.

That being said, everything seems to be sneaking up in price - even the Skoda Superb. Curious to see what the new Golf R will land at.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    SI'll take a serious look at the top of the range Kia Stinger as it's priced more competitively than the 206TSI R-Line Arteon, but I hear wait times for the Stinger are a shocker at the moment.
    Good call. I was waiting to see if they had a limited release for the refresh with some interesting colours or features, but with the wait list and demand looks like there will be no chance before production wraps up. Reading the forums, anywhere between 6-12+ month wait with very poor dealer communication sounds like a pain.

If the Genesis G70 price premium wasn't so much I would be keen and by all accounts their customer service in NSW is terrible.

Really looking forward to Cupra arriving next year. Their styling ticks all the boxes for me. Price will be key with the EV revolution knocking on the door.

G'day Vedi! Yeah, the Arteon legacy lives on, but could be the last iteration.

Same with the Kia Stinger. Shame as they both have a lot going for them.

I suspect there will be a little bit of wriggle room on the Arteon pricing and really it's great there's the more affordable 140TSI Elegance as it'll bring more people to the model and appeal to the wider market. Don't want to make the 20TSI R-Line too cheap. Need some exclusivity and distinction from the lower trim.

However, this time around I expect the Arteon will really start to take off with the arrival of the Shooting Brake next year.

Oh, prices are going up for both used and new cars. Mate of mine who's a Honda man can't fathom the new Honda Civic being sold for around $47,000 and the price being non-negotiable.

Ahhh .... Golf R, Tiguan R, T-Roc R, but no Arteon R for Australia as it would be too niche.

Cupra?! Yeah, will be interesting to see how they go in Australia.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 12-12-2021 at 10:31 PM.
    MY22 Volkswagen Arteon

Users Country Flag

G'day folks - long time lurker, first time poster! I couldn't help but notice that the moulded chrome tips on the rear of the new R-Line have been updated to a fake quad, from a fake twin (pic below). Do you reckon if the parts could be sourced, that these MY21/22 tips would work as a retrofit for the MY18 R-Line? It's always irritated me that the fake twin tips are hiding a quad set on my Arty!
    The Arteon Is Officially Back In Australia-arteon-my22-r-line-rear-jpg

Cheers,
    Matt.