Thread: Arteon Mods - Advice

Arteon Mods - Advice

hey all,

have had my latest Arteon (MY22 Lapiz Blue shooting brake) for about three weeks and am now ready to do some mods as follows -

1. Wrap mirrors in chrome
    2. Wrap roof gloss black
    3. Wrap front brightwork
    4. Change auto start stop button to right side of gear selector
    5. Get tacho onto map screen in dash
    6. AUDI edit to PCM
    7. Hardwire dashcam into roof console
    8. Qi charge pad conversion for centre console

I have a couple of options for the wrap but need a referral for a place in or near the inner west in Sydney to get the last five items on the above list sorted.

Happy to hear what others recommend both about whether this stuff can be done (esp items 4, 5, 7 and and who I could go to...

thanks.
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    1. Wrap mirrors in chrome
    2. Wrap roof gloss black
    3. Wrap front brightwork
    4. Change auto start stop button to right side of gear selector. Just de activate using OBD11
    5. Get tacho onto map screen in dash. If you use Waze maps (better) it only works on the infotainment system
    6. AUDI edit to PCM. Doesn't work can create massive head aches from what I have read
    7. Hardwire dashcam into roof console. Get a professional Install done I did everything is hidden
    8. Qi charge pad conversion for centre console

If you are wanting more performance give a call or go see Carbon Autohaus

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    4. Change auto start stop button to right side of gear selector. Just de activate using OBD11
    Sadly this doesn’t work on the newer models.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 7R View Post
    8. Qi charge pad conversion for centre console.
    I'm keen to know how you go with this - would love to have one that fits my half-modern (201 samsung galaxy s9+

Would also love to retrofit ventilated seats if/when practical.

Mirrors would be wrapped in aluminium not chrome - same as the R overseas or maybe black, too much blue at the moment.

I don't have OBD11 so a recommendation for a tuning house who could do it would be great

The tacho display is the rev counter along the top of the digital cockpit screen in the main dashboard - at the moment when the map is maximised in front of you it shows speed and gear only in each bottom corner. I dont need gear, I need revs.

Bummer re Audi edit.

So i would like recommendations on a professional who can instal the dash cam hard wire, qi wireless pad under the hvac controls and do the OBD11 coding for start/stop and the digi cockpit...
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    Mirrors would be wrapped in aluminium not chrome - same as the R overseas or maybe black, too much blue at the moment.

I don't have OBD11 so a recommendation for a tuning house who could do it would be great

The tacho display is the rev counter along the top of the digital cockpit screen in the main dashboard - at the moment when the map is maximised in front of you it shows speed and gear only in each bottom corner. I dont need gear, I need revs.

Bummer re Audi edit.

So i would like recommendations on a professional who can instal the dash cam hard wire, qi wireless pad under the hvac controls and do the OBD11 coding for start/stop and the digi cockpit...

This is my digital dashboard - tacho on left and speed on right. Is this what you're after?

Arteon Mods - Advice-20220724_161621-jpg

IIRC - my OBD11 was ~$200 delivered, with 200 credits and a 1 year professional subscription. The mods are available as single-click "Apps" (typically 10 credits each) - it's well worth the price when you consider what you may pay a workshop in labor to do just one of the mods. As a bonus, you can do fault scanning and use on all your VAG cars.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

As I mentioned above, you can’t code out the stop-start on your model (at least not yet). I can’t recall whether MY19 or 20 is the cut-off but unfortunately you’re out of luck.
    Last edited by petemac110; 24-07-2022 at 04:24 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by petemac110 View Post
    As I mentioned above, you can’t code out the stop-start on your model (at least not yet). I can’t recall whether MY19 or 20 is the cut-off but unfortunately you’re out of luck.
    Oh, it's a new one? Sorry, my bad.

Users Country Flag
    VCDS Coding and Diagnostics Sydney - Home
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Thanks mate
    I will give them a try