Strange the folder should be 31,371,034,624 bytes and should have

Mib1
    Mib2
    Metaininfo.txt On it

Thats all Mine is formatted in Fat 32
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for your assistance, hillbilly. It turns out that the metainfo file is important, and was missing from my SD card for some reason

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
    Thanks for your assistance, hillbilly. It turns out that the metainfo file is important, and was missing from my SD card for some reason
    so now it works???????

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, I copied the missing file over, and it was recognised and I've updated successfully

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by EmJay View Post
    Yeah, I copied the missing file over, and it was recognised and I've updated successfully
    Very good, makes a difference when its done correctly LOL

Hello,

first time posting, letting you know he most recent map updates v97 were released a couple of days ago.

followed the original post and went smoothly, although took car 40 minutes to recognise the update was there and a further 40 to complete.

Volkswagen Map Updates

regards
    Matt

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by messy_smith View Post
    Hello,

first time posting, letting you know he most recent map updates v97 were released a couple of days ago.

followed the original post and went smoothly, although took car 40 minutes to recognise the update was there and a further 40 to complete.

Volkswagen Map Updates

regards
    Matt
    Yep got it on 25th June
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 07-07-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Users Country Flag
    I was looking for the new VW maps to update the car & ended up with downloads of P97 series.

I was poking around the other forums for some reason & saw a mention that SKODA had posted their version of the maps early, and was then able to grab the P99 version instead. Seems to have loaded onto my system OK.

The size of the files is now approaching the max 32gig capacity of my sdcard, I had no luck with using larger card for maps updates.

Apparently this map data will be on VW portal in 2 weeks or so. I expect to be driving somewhere in 2 weeks so having the new maps early is ideal for me.

i realise there is probably people who will chime in to say they already had them , but this is the main & usually only forum I visit so posting a mention here doesnt seem too much effort to make for anyone else that has an interest.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    I was looking for the new VW maps to update the car & ended up with downloads of P97 series.

I was poking around the other forums for some reason & saw a mention that SKODA had posted their version of the maps early, and was then able to grab the P99 version instead. Seems to have loaded onto my system OK.

The size of the files is now approaching the max 32gig capacity of my sdcard, I had no luck with using larger card for maps updates.

Apparently this map data will be on VW portal in 2 weeks or so. I expect to be driving somewhere in 2 weeks so having the new maps early is ideal for me.

i realise there is probably people who will chime in to say they already had them , but this is the main & usually only forum I visit so posting a mention here doesnt seem too much effort to make for anyone else that has an interest.
    Has been mentioned in several different sub forums and as they are suitable for several different models we arent going to post them everywhere like wallpaper

As for SD card sizes I have used various cards up to 200GB and as long as they are formatted correctly, will and do work

As for not seeing the posts when you log to the forum page go up to NEW POSTS top left and you will see anything you havent caught up on.since you last visited. Either that or do a search for "Map updates" occasionally.

VW maps come out in week 20 and 45 and Skoda about 3 weeks prior to that as for last 2 years at least.

As the Golf and Tiguan forums are most popular look in there

Like this one New map on skoda portal 23 october
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 15-11-2021 at 08:52 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast