Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Map Updates

Users Country Flag

I just went through this process again, failed to locate the update on my Samsung 64gig sdcard in exfat, and also failed on a Verbatim 32gig.

I tried a USB stick with no luck. Had to buy another Sandisk 32gig sdcard & that worked again first time.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    I just went through this process again, failed to locate the update on my Samsung 64gig sdcard in exfat, and also failed on a Verbatim 32gig.

I tried a USB stick with no luck. Had to buy another Sandisk 32gig sdcard & that worked again first time.
    What did you format the Verbatim 32gb one as and how big was the Stick

Also note that you can only load 1000 tracks straight onto the internal SSD jukebox

I thought I had 2000 and then noticed half hadnt loaded

However if you put them on in 1000 amounts it will add to previous ones up to about 3000 max
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 08-09-2019 at 08:42 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I did both exfat & fat32 on the Samsung. Just exfat on Verbatim.
    USB was a 32gig Sandisk Force in exfat plugged into phone area socket, also no good.
    I easily spent 3 hours prepping the various data options & then it took a 40 minute drive to install when that last one worked.
    Looks like I will just stick with Sandisk SDcards for future updates.

I managed to fill my SSD jukebox partition because I had aquired a large number of FLAC data files, with just mp3 it would be plenty of space. I also have some MKV with DTS-HD lossless audio encoding which work well, although I think I left those on the sdcard. I don;t think the amp supports positional audio though, just seems to be the stereo downconversion all around the car.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    I did both exfat & fat32 on the Samsung. Just exfat on Verbatim.
    USB was a 32gig Sandisk Force in exfat plugged into phone area socket, also no good.
    I easily spent 3 hours prepping the various data options & then it took a 40 minute drive to install when that last one worked.
    Looks like I will just stick with Sandisk SDcards for future updates.

I managed to fill my SSD jukebox partition because I had aquired a large number of FLAC data files, with just mp3 it would be plenty of space. I also have some MKV with DTS-HD lossless audio encoding which work well, although I think I left those on the sdcard. I don;t think the amp supports positional audio though, just seems to be the stereo down conversion all around the car.
    Yes well Fat32 is the way to go and 32gb is any amount big enough and windows will format them properly at that size Just use default Fat32 settings

Why so long mine downloaded in less than an hour chucked it in the car and 45 mins later it was done Just left car idling in garage.

Anyway you can stop it and it will just start up from where it stopped no problem.

Ive only got MP3's cos Im lazy and just get it all off the net and have ripped a few Cd's into it as well as I have enabled CD ripping in the car

Users Country Flag
    I just use Spotify... no more downloading anything and no need for that jukebox really.
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAskani View Post
    I just use Spotify... no more downloading anything and no need for that jukebox really.
    Yes very good but what do the backward people who only use a phone as a phone. I dont have any data allowance on mine and cant be bothered doing it at home via Wifi and all the mucking around.

I have about 53Gb of music on my computer so just load some of that in every now and again for variety

Users Country Flag

2019/2020 Australian Maps

Hi All, just updated maps to 2019/2020, just a couple of points of note. When I unzipped the file my directory didn't have the MD5 file which I believe is some kind of check sum. Anyway rather than downloading 23GB of data again I put the SD card into SD1 and 52 minutes later all was good.

Arteon Map Updates-capture-png

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Nth Qld VW Driver View Post
    Hi All, just updated maps to 2019/2020, just a couple of points of note. When I unzipped the file my directory didn't have the MD5 file which I believe is some kind of check sum. Anyway rather than downloading 23GB of data again I put the SD card into SD1 and 52 minutes later all was good.

Arteon Map Updates-capture-png
    Thats all it usually has

Users Country Flag
    I was comparing my extracted files to the OP's image. Thought it might be relevant, especially since there seems to be a degree of difficulty in getting the unit to recognise media.

Users Country Flag

Hi guys probably a silly question to start with but did you ask your VW dealer to do this for you ? i did on my 1st service & they did for free. Next question does anyone know if you can & then if yes how to get your live google maps on to your dash ?
    As soon as you go android auto the maps only appear on the info unit & not the dash.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast