Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Map Updates

Users Country Flag

I have updated now, using the Sandisk 32gig SDcard I had previously used for my mp3/flac media files. The 64gig Samsung SDcard I had tried was new & not tested before. Now the updates applied I will reformat the Samsung card for media storage & see if it works in that role.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Weird that a brand new Samsung card didn't work. Good to hear you got it sorted though - thanks for the update.

Hopefully if someone else has the same issue this helps them out.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    I have updated now, using the Sandisk 32gig SDcard I had previously used for my mp3/flac media files. The 64gig Samsung SDcard I had tried was new & not tested before. Now the updates applied I will reformat the Samsung card for media storage & see if it works in that role.
    Could be the way they were formatted Cards up to 32gb are usually Fat 32 and any bigger ones are usually ExFat

Have trouble with using larger sizes in some dashcams if formatted in Windoze and have to format them as Fat32 in a special program
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    I just cleared & loaded the samsung 64gig card , made sure to use exfat again , and it works fine for media playback.

I did try loading the internal SSD with files a while back, and it didnt seem to take much to be full, must to be a low capacity storage in there. I should have another fiddle with the dynaudio settings too, I only setup the mixer levels in the first week of having the car, and coming from a lexus Mark Levinson 17-speaker setup I had a hard time finding settings I liked. It seems to have settled into an acceptable tone by now though so maybe I can improve things further.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, I just tried this on my "New" Arteon, but maps were 2017/2018. Its typical VW Dealers not to update cars before delivery. Anyway back to the thread. I tried the update with USB formatted to exFAT as suggested, but kept getting the error message that no update could be found and to insert media. Then tried it again but this time formatted to FAT (MSDOS). This time the car accepted the update no issues. Just thought I would mention in case others have issues. By the way thanks so much to the original post for the information on where to find the updates. SO GOOD.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevieh View Post
    Hi all, I just tried this on my "New" Arteon, but maps were 2017/2018. Its typical VW Dealers not to update cars before delivery. Anyway back to the thread. I tried the update with USB formatted to exFAT as suggested, but kept getting the error message that no update could be found and to insert media. Then tried it again but this time formatted to FAT (MSDOS). This time the car accepted the update no issues. Just thought I would mention in case others have issues. By the way thanks so much to the original post for the information on where to find the updates. SO GOOD.

Fat32 is the way to do it so if you havent got a format program you are limited to 32GB cards

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDREWF View Post
    I just cleared & loaded the samsung 64gig card , made sure to use exfat again , and it works fine for media playback.

I did try loading the internal SSD with files a while back, and it didnt seem to take much to be full, must to be a low capacity storage in there. I should have another fiddle with the dynaudio settings too, I only setup the mixer levels in the first week of having the car, and coming from a lexus Mark Levinson 17-speaker setup I had a hard time finding settings I liked. It seems to have settled into an acceptable tone by now though so maybe I can improve things further.
    Should be 10GB so enough to take thousands of tracks I have over 2000 on mine nad its no where near full

Users Country Flag
    Internal SSD?? Far out I've really gotta read that manual. Has anyone got a digital version for a 2019 Arteon???
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Just if you guys dont know new software update 2019/2020 released in 07.2019 is available for download from volkswagen. de
    Its 23gigb file

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by P_132TSI_Rline View Post
    Just if you guys dont know new software update 2019/2020 released in 07.2019 is available for download from volkswagen. de
    Its 23gigb file
    Date is actually JUNE the 7th NOT July 6th and is ROW 79 which has been out since then

Date is in US format Month/Day/Year
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 10-08-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast