Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arteon on the list of quality cars that people don't buy

Users Country Flag

Arteon on the list of quality cars that people don't buy

Users Country Flag
    Interesting all but one were Euro makes (excluding the NSX bracketed with the R8 and i8 )
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Interesting all but one were Euro makes (excluding the NSX bracketed with the R8 and i8 )
    And the Mazda 6.

I have always thought the Arteon was on a hiding to nothing in this country as the segment is sort of no mans land in Oz. The Mazda 6 is sort of in the same bracket to some extent but then it and the Arteon also have the hurdle of being conventional sedans & not Suv style vehicles.

Users Country Flag
    I think the CC might have been the same too. It's also hard when it comes to selling second hand -the car gets listed only under it's specific name (not as say a prestige car) and people probably don't even think of it to look, therefore very limited to those few who are aware? Great shame - good cars
    V6 CC - Love it - ------------------ - Golf V 2.0 FSI
    S3 Sportback - S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Assistance package, magnetic Ride, B&O Sound system, Hold Assist, Load through facility with rear arm rest, 5 twin spoke star wheels.
    RS5 Sportback - Daytona Grey - New addition 2019

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    And the Mazda 6.

I have always thought the Arteon was on a hiding to nothing in this country as the segment is sort of no mans land in Oz. The Mazda 6 is sort of in the same bracket to some extent but then it and the Arteon also have the hurdle of being conventional sedans & not Suv style vehicles.
    That's a surprise really - I'd suggest they're one of the best Mazda's, and if they don't sell that many ....
    V6 CC - Love it - ------------------ - Golf V 2.0 FSI
    S3 Sportback - S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Assistance package, magnetic Ride, B&O Sound system, Hold Assist, Load through facility with rear arm rest, 5 twin spoke star wheels.
    RS5 Sportback - Daytona Grey - New addition 2019

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    To be sure, the sedan market is floundering in Australia, but having said that sedans still account for a third of the new car market. The current pricing of the Arteon is ludicrous. At $76,318 driveway, it's over $10,000 more expensive than when I bought mine 9 months ago. No way would I have bought an Arteon at the current price point. In fact, right now I'd be looking at the Volvo S60 or updated Passat in Highline trim (with Luxury & R-Line Packs) when it finally hits our shores. Even the Kia Stinger GT or Holden Commodore VXR offer more competitive pricing than the Arteon. Not saying any of these cars are better than the Arteon, but I have a few friends looking to buy new cars who genuinely admire my Arteon, then check out the price and instantly look elsewhere.
    Last edited by Buzy_Robot; 16-09-2019 at 12:22 AM.

RIP the Arteon at that price.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    To be sure, the sedan market is floundering in Australia, but having said that sedans still account for a third of the new car market. The current pricing of the Arteon is ludicrous. At $76,318 driveway, it's over $10,000 more expensive than when I bought mine 9 months ago. No way would I have bought an Arteon at the current price point. In fact, right now I'd be looking at the Volvo S60 or updated Passat in Highline trim (with Luxury & R-Line Packs) when it finally hits our shores. Even the Kia Stinger GT or Holden Commodore VXR offer more competitive pricing than the Arteon. Not saying any of these cars are better than the Arteon, but I have a few friends looking to buy new cars who genuinely admire my Arteon, then check out the price and instantly look elsewhere.

Thats just RRP, they do sell in the 60's though. And much better cars than say a commodore!

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Thats just RRP, they do sell in the 60's though.
    If you can please give me the details of a Victorian VW dealer willing to sell a brand new Arteon in the 60s, please do so. My friends don't want a demo or used one, must be brand new. The current RRP is a stretch, but if in the 60s as you say - and what I paid for mine 9 months ago - they would give it serious consideration over the Kia Stinger.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Buzy_Robot View Post
    If you can please give me the details of a Victorian VW dealer willing to sell a brand new Arteon in the 60s, please do so. My friends don't want a demo or used one, must be brand new. The current RRP is a stretch, but if in the 60s as you say - and what I paid for mine 9 months ago - they would give it serious consideration over the Kia Stinger.
    I paid low 70s for mine before the caar even had come out. Mine was on the first boat to hit Melb. They have had deals if i remember in the high 60's with a $3k bonus not too long ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast