Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Arteon Intercooler Recommendations?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    u dont care or need it.. thats all.. but you have a need to spend over 1k on an IC that does the same thing as an ebay one...
    I chose to buy the one that I bought. Certainly didn't "need" to, I wanted to. I like to buy good quality parts for my car as I take a lot of pride in my vehicles. As I mentioned to you earlier in this thread, literally ANY intercooler would be an improvement over the stock item - that includes any Chinese ebay jobbies as well.

As proven by this guy doing the testing, not all intercoolers are the same. No doubt the chinese Wanger will be an improvement over stock, but you are kidding yourself if you think it will perform as well as the big name brands using high quality cores and end tanks. Does it matter in the real world - probably not. Will there be any performance advantage in the real world - probably not.

You like to buy chinese parts (tyres/intake/intercooler etc) which I do not agree with - but that's your choice.

By the way, if you looked on this guys blog you would find some of the answers you want: Mk7 GTI/R Intercooler Comparison | My Golf Mk7 GTI
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I chose to buy the one that I bought. Certainly didn't "need" to, I wanted to. I like to buy good quality parts for my car as I take a lot of pride in my vehicles. As I mentioned to you earlier in this thread, literally ANY intercooler would be an improvement over the stock item - that includes any Chinese ebay jobbies as well.

As proven by this guy doing the testing, not all intercoolers are the same. No doubt the chinese Wanger will be an improvement over stock, but you are kidding yourself if you think it will perform as well as the big name brands using high quality cores and end tanks. Does it matter in the real world - probably not. Will there be any performance advantage in the real world - probably not.

You like to buy chinese parts (tyres/intake/intercooler etc) which I do not agree with - but that's your choice.

By the way, if you looked on this guys blog you would find some of the answers you want: Mk7 GTI/R Intercooler Comparison | My Golf Mk7 GTI
    seen all that already

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Not sure mate - sorry. It depends on where the front assist radar is located on the car and other available space. With the Golf's, there are a few front mount choices, but they only fit if the car does not have the front assist radar.

The stock replacement ones work well so really there is no need to go down the front mount route unless you specifically want one.
    Yeah, AFAIK - it has the front assist radar built into the front VW emblem/badge.

Either way, it sounds like the stock replacement options are more than I need to take it to stage 3.

Thanks, I appreciate the info ��

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345