Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Intercooler Recommendations?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    how can the 70mm black WANGER not be a contender

crazy
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    ... while I'm off reading, does anyone know what the cooling-style cores that sit behind our brake air intakes do?

Attachment 54128Attachment 54127

There's also one on the passenger side of my R36, but the driver side vent is entirely blocked off.
    One is a DSG oil cooler and the other is an engine oil cooler I believe.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    do88 is $1600 according to the site
    Seems the price has jumped on the Aussie site from $1,200 to $1,600, but on the Swedish website the price is still approx $1,200. I bought mine about a year ago and they were $1,200 then. I bought mine direct from the Swedish site. AUDI SEAT SKODA VW 1.8 / 2.0 TSI (MQB) Intercooler | TT - Audi
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post

IE appear to have a bit of a lead-time delay on supply. Where your DO88 took approx 1 week to ship after ordering? I assume you're happy with the results?

Would've been nice to see the Racingline compared, but at ~$2,100 it'd want to be damn good. Just to be sure, I'll look around for a comparison, and maybe better pricing.
    IE are in stock in IE FDS Intercooler for 2.0T & 1.8T Gen 3 MQB | Fits VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf R, GTI, Golf & Audi 8V A3, S3 - 2021 Release

The DO88 took a week or so to arrive from Sweden. I could have bought it locally as there is an Aussie distributor, but it was a few hundred cheaper to buy direct. AUDI SEAT SKODA VW 1.8 / 2.0 TSI (MQB) Intercooler | TT - Audi

Im very happy with the DO88. Its beautifully made, fitted well and has been performing well.

Personally I wouldnt buy anything more expensive than the IE, its already a lot of cash and has been proven to be very very good. Im sure the Wagner and Racingline etc are also very good, but they are another $300-500 more than the IE again. Nuts!
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 02-06-2022 at 09:32 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    IE are in stock in IE FDS Intercooler for 2.0T & 1.8T Gen 3 MQB | Fits VW MK7/MK7.5 Golf R, GTI, Golf & Audi 8V A3, S3 - 2021 Release

The DO88 took a week or so to arrive from Sweden. I could have bought it locally as there is an Aussie distributor, but it was a few hundred cheaper to buy direct. AUDI SEAT SKODA VW 1.8 / 2.0 TSI (MQB) Intercooler | TT - Audi

Im very happy with the DO88. Its beautifully made, fitted well and has been performing well.

Personally I wouldnt buy anything more expensive than the IE, its already a lot of cash and has been proven to be very very good. Im sure the Wagner and Racingline etc are also very good, but they are another $300-500 more than the IE again. Nuts!
    the wagner is more expensive because its a bigger unit with different specs.. u need to get the right spec intercooler for ur needs / future plan on mods... not just The brand name

Users Country Flag
    the wagner is more expensive because its a bigger unit with different specs.. u need to get the right spec intercooler for ur needs / future plan on mods... not just The brand name
    Wagner Tuning Intercooler Flow Test | My Golf Mk7 GTI

Wagner Tuning Competition Intercooler Install | My Golf Mk7 GTI

Wagner Intercooler Street Data | My Golf Mk7 GTI
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 02-06-2022 at 11:27 AM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    One is a DSG oil cooler and the other is an engine oil cooler I believe.
    Thanks, it was bugging me a bit having mystery radiators

... just realized that my car needs a good wash =D

Thanks for the links - good to know about availability. I'll wait to hear about the Racingline, just in case it's superior and justified in price .. or available at a competitive price. Otherwise, IE/DO88 look like great options.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    cool read all that.. whats the point?
    Some interesting comments in there that the Wagner and your Wanger aren't the same (or the Wanger isn't a clone as the design's substantially different).
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    Some interesting comments in there that the Wagner and your Wanger aren't the same (or the Wanger isn't a clone as the design's substantially different).
    not all the ebay / PX / magic / majesty units are WANGERS tho so how do you know which one does he have .. he just states its an ebay / majesty or whatever IC.. does he have 60mm inlet, 65mm inlet, 70mm inlet or 73mm inlet.. he does not even show the specs of the EBAY unit he just dismisses it as a knockoff... nor does he confirm the specs of ANY of the units tested.. he just puts the brand names and tells u which one is "best"...

Also.. how do you know the guys ebay IC is the same one that im about to install.. I am only talking about my one that i am about to install not some random guy that compared 20 intercoolers all for different purposes and functions and told u which Brand Name is best.

also... is the turbo on the GTI big enough to fully utilise the wagner capacity which its meant for.... bigger power?? it is outperformed by the o88 unit in some tests but maybe the o88 unit is more suited to the gti and its turbo output and will become a bottleneck at higher power or bigger turbo setups...... is the o88 unit a straight swap with the same piping sizes as the stock specs?? i did not find any of these specs on the o88 website itself as they just want people to go with their Brand Name Security and some flashy sales stats (X% increased flow) e.t.c.. i am not trashing o88 either im sure its a great intercooler but can someone get me some specs please... even if u measure it up urself

So to confirm again.. there are multiple "brandname" intercoolers on ebay.. .. like ive said for the 10th time.. u need to check the spec sheet / dimensions on them to know which one ur buying as it directly matches up with the 'retail' units... barplate/tubefin.. dimensions. inlet outlets. one might be a mishi , one might be wagner.. one might be IE. e.t.c e.t.c

They are not all the same
    Last edited by amunra; 02-06-2022 at 12:30 PM. Reason: typo

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast