Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Intercooler Recommendations?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    I suggest you have a read of this guys blog who has tested a huge number of the available intercoolers for MQB cars.

Personally, I was going to buy the Integrated Engineering intercooler (as I have their intake, downpipe and ECU/DSG tune), but chose the Swedish made DO88 as its was basically just as good in most aspects and about $500 cheaper. (DO88 is $1200 and IE is $1700)

Intercooler Test of the Volkswagen Mk7 GTI | My Golf Mk7 GTI

do88 intercooler for MQB platform

do88 is $1600 according to the site

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I suggest you have a read of this guys blog who has tested a huge number of the available intercoolers for MQB cars. You can use this to weigh up your options based on how much you are prepared to spend. But most are around $1500 or so.

Personally, I was going to buy the Integrated Engineering intercooler (as I have their intake, downpipe and ECU/DSG tune), but chose the Swedish made DO88 as its was basically just as good in most aspects and about $500 cheaper. (DO88 is $1200 and IE is $1700)

Thanks! I've got some reading to do - looks interesting =)

... while I'm off reading, does anyone know what the cooling-style cores that sit behind our brake air intakes do?

Arteon Intercooler Recommendations?-20220601_154300-jpgArteon Intercooler Recommendations?-20220601_154213-jpg

There's also one on the passenger side of my R36, but the driver side vent is entirely blocked off.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    70mm black Wanger IC from ebay.

if u can get this with an ebay coupon ur cheering

70MM Intercooler Kit For VW GTI MK7 Golf R Audi A3/S3 Skoda 1.8T 2.0T TSI Red 843401154282 | eBay
    That isn't a Wagner...
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    That isn't a Wagner...
    Correct. Its a Wanger

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    Correct. Its a Wanger
    So a copy?
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag

I suggest you have a read of this guys blog who has tested a huge number of the available intercoolers for MQB cars. You can use this to weigh up your options based on how much you are prepared to spend. But most are around $1500 or so.

Ok, so it looks like DO88 and IEv2 are contenders - with DO88 being good value. Wagner (not Wanger, heh =D) may be another option.

IEv2 seems to have a slight edge on temperature, with DO88 having a little more airflow.

IE appear to have a bit of a lead-time delay on supply. Where your DO88 took approx 1 week to ship after ordering? I assume you're happy with the results?

Would've been nice to see the Racingline compared, but at ~$2,100 it'd want to be damn good. Just to be sure, I'll look around for a comparison, and maybe better pricing.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Ok, so it looks like DO88 and IEv2 are contenders - with DO88 being good value. Wagner (not Wanger, heh =D) may be another option.

IEv2 seems to have a slight edge on temperature, with DO88 having a little more airflow.

IE appear to have a bit of a lead-time delay on supply. Where your DO88 took approx 1 week to ship after ordering? I assume you're happy with the results?

Would've been nice to see the Racingline compared, but at ~$2,100 it'd want to be damn good. Just to be sure, I'll look around for a comparison, and maybe better pricing.
    how can the 70mm black WANGER not be a contender

crazy

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manaz View Post
    That isn't a Wagner...
    wagner without the cast logo on it

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast