Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Exhaust Mods

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LRDV8R View Post
    No retune required (checked by turning off the JB4)- I get the DSG bang/farts all over the place but sweet spot is 5000-6000 rpm- they really are great fun. I'll look up the model number of the mufflers I got put on and add it to this (the boxes are under the house with the original flanged mufflers when I want to return to stock).
    Hi mate, have you been able to get the part numbers for Varex Mufflers?
    Arteon 2018 ,white , Sound and Style Package , Sunroof, APR Stage 1,Turbo Inlet ,K&N

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know if there are any exhaust systems that you can purchase off the shelf?

Hesitant on going the custom route since I like to know what it sounds like. Would love something like the Xforce Varex, but they don't have one specifically for the Arteon...
    Volkswagen Arteon 206tsi R-Line | Deep Black Pearl Effect | Sound & Style Package | Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I'd guess since it's the golf motor you could get a system with similar mufflers if you find a golf sound you like

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    I'd guess since it's the golf motor you could get a system with similar mufflers if you find a golf sound you like

Same Engine, different tune. Different exhaust pathway. Golf has a central muffler to the rear of the vehicle, Arteon is split with a Y pipe before separating into 2 different mufflers at the rear.

Thanks mate! I might look into it, otherwise see what Xforce can recommend.
    Volkswagen Arteon 206tsi R-Line | Deep Black Pearl Effect | Sound & Style Package | Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    I did a muffler bypass pipe on my skoda superb 206 same setup as arteon , Sound really nice now. I am thinking of no drone resonator delete pipe to replace the suitcase oem resonator later

Users Country Flag
    So this is my understanding of all this... there's a centre resonator and 2x rears... Removing the centre doesn't do much, removing the rears sounds good when you're on it but drones around 2500rpm... Right? Don't really want to spend hundreds or more right now but could definitely get away with a cheap delete though. Might just remove the rears and see if there's enough snap, crackle and pop. It's louder in Sport (kind of), is there a mild form of Bi- Modal in the rear resonators or how does that work? In a few months I was thinking of just having single Bi-Modal resonator with remote rear rather than twins... Cant see the pipes at the back anyway...

Users Country Flag
    I put a Miltek full system in mine, downpipe & catback it is semi res sounds very nice, still reasonably quite while cruising with a nice little grr, open it up & she goes from mild to wild.
    Sadly I didn't get any more pics while it was on the hoist.

Arteon Exhaust Mods-325150307_1047026323356514_1654491937977966082_n-jpgArteon Exhaust Mods-325176482_540943628067131_3710276856471063976_n-jpg

Users Country Flag
    So has anyone just taken off the two rear resonators and driven it like that?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Big Marty V View Post
    So this is my understanding of all this... there's a centre resonator and 2x rears... Removing the centre doesn't do much, removing the rears sounds good when you're on it but drones around 2500rpm... Right? Don't really want to spend hundreds or more right now but could definitely get away with a cheap delete though. Might just remove the rears and see if there's enough snap, crackle and pop. It's louder in Sport (kind of), is there a mild form of Bi- Modal in the rear resonators or how does that work? In a few months I was thinking of just having single Bi-Modal resonator with remote rear rather than twins... Cant see the pipes at the back anyway...
    couldn't you just get like a aftermarket high flow resonator like a vibrant resonator, don't know if it will improve stock sound much but looking at the size difference it should.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast