Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arteon Brake upgrade

Users Country Flag

Arteon Brake upgrade

Anybody running this caliper / 380mm disc combo on there Arteon 20in rims?

[COLOR=var(--blue-link)]https://hp.net.au/home/product/racingline-stage-3-forged-monoblock-full-brake-assembly-kit-355mm-vwr650001/?attribute_colours=GLOSS+BLACK
    [/COLOR]

A front brake upgrade would be a nice addition.

A consideration would be if the 20 inch rosario wheels had enough clearance for the big Brembo style calipers. I think wheel spacers are technically illegal in NSW? Someone here should know more about if that is true or not.

You might find more 370mm kits around, as a lot of the upgraded VW and Audi models run them (including the RS range). As a price guide Cupra AU are charging $4.1k for the factory 4 pot Brembo front upgrade (370mm).

Very interested to know how you go.
    Last edited by Vedi; 19-04-2022 at 11:57 AM.

Users Country Flag
    I'm quite happy with the stock brake performance (MY18 model), but I don't like the look of the exposed calipers on them... can I piggyback this to ask if anyone knows whether there is a decent - ideally OEM VW R model - set of caliper covers in Blue or Red (or something else other than silver) that suits the stock type with 20" Rosarios?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Vedi, Still looking at this stage as no one has anything in stock, for the money they want I don't see a 6k benefit but if we get around 370 to 380 kws at the wheels i'll prob need something better to slow th is bad boy down.

Dairyfloss, I have seen on some Gold R's they have an R calliper not sure if it is 4 or 6 pot though & I think maybe only in America not sure.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vedi View Post
    A front brake upgrade would be a nice addition.

A consideration would be if the 20 inch rosario wheels had enough clearance for the big Brembo style calipers. I think wheel spacers are technically illegal in NSW? Someone here should know more about if that is true or not.

You might find more 370mm kits around, as a lot of the upgraded VW and Audi models run them (including the RS range). As a price guide Cupra AU are charging $4.1k for the factory 4 pot Brembo front upgrade (370mm).

Very interested to know how you go.
    Spacers are illegal in ANY State in AUS unless fitted at the factory (Porsche)maybe
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Anybody running this caliper / 380mm disc combo on there Arteon 20in rims?

[COLOR=var(--blue-link)]https://hp.net.au/home/product/racingline-stage-3-forged-monoblock-full-brake-assembly-kit-355mm-vwr650001/?attribute_colours=GLOSS+BLACK
    [/COLOR]
    The rattling and squealing coming from my aftermarket pads (that I didn't fit) were driving me nuts, so I took my Arteon up the road into Harding Performance this morning - even got to meet Guy Harding!

They measured the 380mm Racingline Stage 3 template against my 20" Rosarios wheel and so far it's looking promising. The funny thing is that the 345mm Stage 2 template (that I originally went in for) didn't fit - based on the concave shape of the wheel "spokes". The wheels have better caliper clearance further from the hub.

It's booked in for next week to try with the real thing. If it works out, I'll be driving out with the 380mm Stage 3 brake kit. Will post results next week.

Arteon Brake upgrade-vwrstage3brake380mm-jpg
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    t's booked in for next week to try with the real thing. If it works out, I'll be driving out with the 380mm Stage 3 brake kit. Will post results next week.
    Sounds excellent, really looking forward to seeing some pictures when it's done.

Users Country Flag
    replied to wrong guy
    Last edited by amunra; 24-06-2022 at 11:17 AM. Reason: wrong guy

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by BO11OS View Post
    Vedi, Still looking at this stage as no one has anything in stock, for the money they want I don't see a 6k benefit but if we get around 370 to 380 kws at the wheels i'll prob need something better to slow th is bad boy down.

Dairyfloss, I have seen on some Gold R's they have an R calliper not sure if it is 4 or 6 pot though & I think maybe only in America not sure.
    just my personal opinion, golf R oem calipers are underrated they just come with average pads and discs from oem.. but still do a decent job for a certain time then start to fail quickly.

consider getting dba 4000 rotors (350 - 450) and dba xtreme xp orange / XP650red pads(think they are the same from my research... same product codes.. same heat threshold specs.. )... going to get a much better result over oem and might be all you need really for 500 - 600 instead of 6k

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amunra View Post
    just my personal opinion, golf R oem calipers are underrated they just come with average pads and discs from oem.. but still do a decent job for a certain time then start to fail quickly.

consider getting dba 4000 rotors (350 - 450) and dba xtreme xp orange / XP650red pads(think they are the same from my research... same product codes.. same heat threshold specs.. )... going to get a much better result over oem and might be all you need really for 500 - 600 instead of 6k
    Thanks, the DBA pads/rotors are an interesting option and may be a good temporary plan B if the stage 3 brakes don't fit, though fitment is looking good so far =)

I was also looking at ordering some Brembo 345mm (4Pot) Porsche Macan or Audi RS options online, but my long-term plan was to go 380mm Stage 3 eventually anyway. The Golf R (2 pot) calipers were also a consideration, but there wasn't too much of a price difference for the 4pot options - especially given the addition €430 in shipping. Here's the site I was looking at: Vw Arteon Big Brake Kits
    Last edited by nermal; 24-06-2022 at 11:42 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast