Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Brake upgrade

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vedi View Post
    If you listed them with the range of VW MQB cars they match I wager you'd get a bit of interest with the time it takes to receive parts these days.

At a glance there appears to be a bit of life left on the pads, so maybe anywhere from $450-650 depending how quickly you want them gone and how quickly someone needs a repair or upgrade. A good price might also save you the hassle of packaging and shipping them.
    Thanks, appreciate it =) I split the difference and put them up for $550 (ono): MQB 340mm Front Brake Set

I've recommended that the pads be replaced though - these were poor-fitting aftermarket pads that rattled and squealed (but still safe, inspected by VW)... the level sensor wire is also cut.
    Last edited by nermal; 02-07-2022 at 02:41 PM.

Users Country Flag
    There are plenty of no-name caliper and rotor sets for sale, but the OEM gear seems to sell quite well.

A big benefit of this is that they're engineered to fit many VAG-group vehicles without any modifications, and honestly, 99% of people would never recognise that they're not stock. Makes rego inspections much easier, and can avoid the need to have engineering work done.
    Nothing to see here...

Users Country Flag
    In case anyone's interested, @tigger73 is selling a 380mm, 6 pot Alcon BBK for only $2K (was $4,800)

380mm Alcon CAR97 6 piston BBK

Do installers recommended getting an upgraded master cylinder when doing a BBK conversion? Or is stock up to the job?

Users Country Flag
    Do installers recommended getting an upgraded master cylinder when doing a BBK conversion? Or is stock up to the job?
    I'm just running stock and they didn't recommend upgrading it.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Hi All - I'm due for new front pads and disks

whats everyone's opinion for a stock caliper setup?

Wouldn't mind a larger disk

I am pretty content with the stock calipers for street use.

DBA pads and rotors are fairly easy to source often on special. The popular VW upgrade is the XP Performance pads (Orange) with the T3 4000 slotted rotors. They give a really nice bite over stock.

Sparesbox have their 20% off brakes sale fairly regularly. I picked up front and rear rotors and pads for around $1000.

It won't be a 'dramatic' difference in stopping distance, but very noticeable for feel and endurance.

Users Country Flag
    I've also been told that the "Clubsport S" rotors are a good OEM+ option

I was given part# 5Q0615301C when originally looking for a interim fix to my rattling brake issue.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits

Whats cost difference between the clubsport and dba option ?

Interested to see Which will provide better performance also 🤔

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nickbeh View Post
    Whats cost difference between the clubsport and dba option ?

Interested to see Which will provide better performance also
    I was quoted around $750 for the front rotors a while ago. I think the Clubsport S option came to ~$1,500 total for rotors, pads, bolts and labour.

I ended up getting the Stage 3 RacingLine 380mm BBK (ex-demo, great price) and sold my old brakes on gumtree. So, wasn't as huge a jump in cost as you might think.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast