Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Arteon Ambient light & LED Colour change

Wow!!!
    The other colours looks so good inside the Arteon..!! My partner and I always complain about how we only have 3 colours ...but you blokes just showed that we can have more! Amazing !
    But I am not very good with this stuff...is there anyone with an Arteon in SYDNEY that have done this mod that could help me achieve this in my car....??? Willing to compensate for the help please

Cheers guys

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyDuggan View Post
    Wow!!!
    The other colours looks so good inside the Arteon..!! My partner and I always complain about how we only have 3 colours ...but you blokes just showed that we can have more! Amazing !
    But I am not very good with this stuff...is there anyone with an Arteon in SYDNEY that have done this mod that could help me achieve this in my car....??? Willing to compensate for the help please

Cheers guys

Being in Sydney - you might have better luck posting in this thread: VAG-COM scanning, who can help - someone down that way should be able to help you out.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie here. Got myself a 2017 Passat 132 comfortline with the R line package.

I am looking for a few upgrades:

Starting with getting the ambient lighting installed in my car, reading the thread I feel it can be done however it will be great if someone can guide where can source the pen ambient lighting kit.

Next looking for the led headlights, but will post this on another thread.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by AC38 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am a newbie here. Got myself a 2017 Passat 132 comfortline with the R line package.

I am looking for a few upgrades:

Starting with getting the ambient lighting installed in my car, reading the thread I feel it can be done however it will be great if someone can guide where can source the pen ambient lighting kit.

Next looking for the led headlights, but will post this on another thread.
    Go to the link in the post above and have a good read about using an OBDELEVEN

Some vehicles have the ability to change colours in ALL areas others can only do it in the dashboard as the door and floor strips do NOT have the required wiring , correct led's or modules to run them.

A lot of work for SFA advantage.. Also suggest you look up relevant ADR rules about retro fitting LED headlights ans they may not be legal in your model
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Go to the link in the post above and have a good read about using an OBDELEVEN

Some vehicles have the ability to change colours in ALL areas others can only do it in the dashboard as the door and floor strips do NOT have the required wiring , correct led's or modules to run them.

A lot of work for SFA advantage.. Also suggest you look up relevant ADR rules about retro fitting LED headlights ans they may not be legal in your model
    Thank you Hillbilly, I am actually thinking of not going for the led matrix headlights considering this will hamper with the warranty.

Ambient lighting looks like a easy one, I am planning to buy obdeleven but tell me guide me here, I don’t think my car came with the hardware fitted on the door panels and the dashboard however the car has the footwell lighting and It also does not show any option on the background lighting in the indash discovery pro system.

Users Country Flag
    Thank you Hillbilly, I am actually thinking of not going for the led matrix headlights considering this will hamper with the warranty.

Ambient lighting looks like a easy one, I am planning to buy obdeleven but tell me guide me here, I don’t think my car came with the hardware fitted on the door panels and the dashboard however the car has the footwell lighting and It also does not show any option on the background lighting in the indash discovery pro system.
    In the Tiguans we can only change the dash lighting in 10 colours, the doors and footwells dont However it seems some Arteon models can do more and up to 30 colors.

Why you would bother is another thing though

It is a simple coding with an OBD11 but is equally easy to stuff things up if you dont know what you are doing After you run it the color chart shows up in" lighting" in your MMI

In the Tiguans we can only change the dash lighting in 10 colours, the doors and footwells dont However it seems some Arteon models can do more and up to 30 colors.

It is a simple coding with an OBD11 but is equally easy to stuff things up if you dont know what you are doing After you run it the color chart shows up in" lighting" in your MMI
    Thank you again, I will try the obdeleven tool but to be honest I have no idea about it’s working, I don’t know if anyone can help me with this in Sydney, I mean we can try it in my car, if it works I will go buy the tool.

Users Country Flag
    Exactly - why bother!?!?
    I find 10 plenty enough, hence why I didn't bother enabling the 30 colours, which is also possible on the Superb.

Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    Exactly - why bother!?!?
    I find 10 plenty enough, hence why I didn't bother enabling the 30 colours, which is also possible on the Superb.

I think I could not explain my query properly, the MMI in my car does not have interior lighting option, I don’t think it has the optional ambient lighting as it did not come equip with the luxury pack, I was looking to install the ambient lighting if I could do that.

What I understood from your reply is that hardware is always installed however I only need to turn it on by doing some coding through obdeleven tool. If that is not correct can you or some one help me find the hardware for purchase or someone who could do the retrofit for me.

Users Country Flag

I think I could not explain my query properly, the MMI in my car does not have interior lighting option, I don’t think it has the optional ambient lighting as it did not come equip with the luxury pack, I was looking to install the ambient lighting if I could do that.

What I understood from your reply is that hardware is always installed however I only need to turn it on by doing some coding through obdeleven tool. If that is not correct can you or some one help me find the hardware for purchase or someone who could do the retrofit for me.
    Does your car have the LED strips in it and no we didnt meant that but some do and some dont Depends on how much money you spent LOL
    If the car has the LED strips a coding change will possibly allow it. If it doesnt it would be big money to put new door trims and door sill trims plus all the wiring. just to get pretty lights which are only on when you open the doors.

I didnt even notice them when I first bought the car and wasnt till about a week later when i opened a door in the dark I noticed the strips.

They only show up as very fine strips of not very usable light and not something I would spend money and all the work to install.

The footwell lights dont change in ours either

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast