Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Art3on Art Car

Users Country Flag

What are the plans with it - I'm presuming VWA own it? Will it continue for promo work/further track development or will we never see it again?

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

It's going to be used for passenger / customer ride days (it's on one today) and displays around the country. It may evolve for next year, but no plans set as yet. Yep, proudly owned by VWA

Users Country Flag
    Sweet - that's great then (and fingers crossed it can evolve next year and maybe has a better run at WTC).

I've seen what VWofA (America) puts together each year for the various shows which contributes to a thriving VW scene. Last year was a bunch of Golfs, this year they've assembled three Jettas. Maybe our Arteon will inspire for next year (although I haven't checked if they sell it there, presumably they would!).

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Sweet - that's great then (and fingers crossed it can evolve next year and maybe has a better run at WTC).

I've seen what VWofA (America) puts together each year for the various shows which contributes to a thriving VW scene. Last year was a bunch of Golfs, this year they've assembled three Jettas. Maybe our Arteon will inspire for next year (although I haven't checked if they sell it there, presumably they would!).
    Yes it is great to see such a project. - a huge percentage of people inside VWA are real car people & love different things. The enthusiasm internally is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    Yes it is great to see such a project. - a huge percentage of people inside VWA are real car people & love different things. The enthusiasm internally is great!
    It surprised me that such a project got up with collaboration between the aftermarket tuning companies supplying parts and expertise and VW apprentices.

I didn’t think VW would be seen “officially” endorsing doing such things to one of their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    It surprised me that such a project got up with collaboration between the aftermarket tuning companies supplying parts and expertise and VW apprentices.

I didn’t think VW would be seen “officially” endorsing doing such things to one of their products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very much like the "Worthesee Apprentice Projects" - you will see they have collaborated with the aftermarket quite a few times & Racingline products sitting on them. I certainly wouldn't call them "officially endorsed" but its great to see it regardless!

Users Country Flag

Haha - maybe not officially endorsed, perhaps 'unofficially acknowledged'.

I think we're still a way off VW dealers officially selling tuning products from that other company as per the USA (and yes I am aware it is a lower tuned product, at a premium price, but a warrantied product always helps - pretty sure the dealers involved would be loathe to leave their clients 'stranded'),

Here's to ART3on 2.0 next year. With a better set of wheels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12